Temporary Fencing ideas?

That-guy

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2021
re Temporary Fencing Ideas for Bantam chickens?

Hello Everyone, I need some suggestions for a temporary fence or netting, three foot high by forty to fifty foot long. 40ft - 50ft x 3ft .
~~
Ideally this would be made of a non-rigid material, something II could easily put up and take down as needed. I imagine something like a used Tennis court net might work? Those nets are made out of polyester or nylon. The net I am imagining would be made of something similar, but not as heavy duty, just enough to discourage wandering...
~~
Here is the issue - the developer, (Thank you so much JayMark) who built on the lot next door to me, took down the perfectly functional chain link fence (in order to move it 18" whole inches?)! The old fence between our yards was enough to keep my small flock contained. Now there is no fence between our front yards, but there is a sturdy 4x4 post I can attach one end of the fence/net to, the other end I will have to figure out.

FYI - All of these are bantam chickens so they can actually fly *, Hopefully to allow them to escape from potential predators ( Animals / Human / Other ). If they want to, they can fly high enough to get up on the roof. Yes, this looks a bit funny, but they have been up there!

My mature chickens know the "normal" outdoor boundaries, and I hope they will teach any new chickens these as well.

Thanks for any and all responses - S

* Except for the one silky hen I inherited, Francine just hatched two chicks about a month ago.

I used Trixie cat netting on top of my run. The maze is 3 cm , its strong and its green. Can you buy something like that where you live?

Btw 3’ wont do if your bantams are determined to fly over it.

I used Trixie cat netting on top of my run. The maze is 3 cm , its strong and its green. Can you buy something like that where you live?

Btw 3’ wont do if your bantams are determined to fly over it.
Hello BDutch, I know they can fly over a net only 3' high, this is merely a "suggestion". Thanks for the suggestion, Trixie is the first name I looked at, Found a closely sized 4' x 50' net for $60.00. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...t_title_1?smid=A1T1PCXZCQWDN5&psc=1Houseables Dog Fence, Garden Fencing, 4' x 50', 1 pack

Do you know of a less expensive type?

Hello BDutch, Whoops, accidentally hit the "enter" button. Thanks for the suggestion, I ordered one a few minutes ago. Now I just need to install one "removable" post and the hardware. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. - Scott

Trixie is the first name I looked at, Found a closely sized 4' x 50' net for $60.00.
The netting I bought was not meant for fencing a garden. I used it on top of the run and attached it to the wooden frame of the run with fine chicken wire (1” maze) . The size of the netting I bought was : 3 x 8 meters, approx 10 * 26’ ft. It has a 3 cm /1.2” maze. I ordered it at Zooplus in the Netherlands , it costs € 33 . I believe thats about $ 36.

Back
Top Bottom