Definately squatting...fingers crossed

mamabigbird

Songster
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, B.C.,
Robin Redbreast has started squatting really good. Her face, comb and wattles are bright red and she's getting grump with her brood-mates. Hormonal teenage girl maybe?
Is it okay to squeeze her to get my first egg? Just kidding. I've put the golf balls in the nestbox just in case she gets the urge. Fingers crossed, NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY!

Crossing fingers for you.
So far, with our squatters, (all 20 weeks old, 16 ea.) we've seen three eggs!! More are squatting......

Good luck to you.Please post when you have success....

thanks for the good mojo folks. I have older hens who aren't laying because they're finishing up the molt from hell.
But Robin and her sisters are my first baby chicks. All the older ones were full grown layers when I got them.
It's just soo much fun watching the young ones grow up.
PUSH ROBIN PUSH !!!!

Right before my brahma laid her first egg she got LOUD, talkative and kept going in and out of the coop about 4-5 times before finally heading to the nestbox and laying her first egg
big_smile.png

Quote:
HOORAY!!!! One very small pink egg this morning. I don't know if it was Robin or one of the other five pullets. Lil' Crow and Ester the EE have been doing the squat for days now. They will be 19 weeks on Wed.
I'M SOOOO PROUD.

Back
Top Bottom