Dehydrated?

PekinBantam

Songster
8 Years
This started seven days ago when we were about to leave on vacation. Two of my chickens had cloudy eyes, it almost seemed white. We left my older cousin in charge of the chickens while we were gone on our five day vacation. When we came back, two chickens had died and eight more were sick. Three had healed since then and two died. I was wondering if this could be caused by dehydration. It's the middle of the dry season in the Philippines ans the chickens usually drink from the river that runs through our land. The river is dry and I don't know if my cousin gave them water. The symptoms are cloudy eyes, swollen faces and weakness. If anyone knows what this is or how to treat it please help.

Have you force-fed them water? Have you seen them drink out of the dish you've given them?

In the Phillipines, could be eye worm. Google "eye worm poultry" and check YouTube for the same thing. I believe it was on YouTube that I saw some educational videos about eye worm. If they have it, they could stop eating. Good luck. Hope it is a simple resolution.

Try and can get some liquid albendazole. Mix equal parts of albendazole and water, then flush their eyes with the mixture. Then give them each 1/2ml albendazole orally undiluted. Repeat this procedure in 10 days. Try and somehow prevent your birds from eating cockroaches. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom