Delaware over...

Nov 20, 2020
I have a Delaware rooster, and noticed we are getting more fertilized eggs these days from our hens. We have 2 Delaware, 2 New Hampshire reds, a Black Australorp, a Buff Orpington and a Easter Egger for hens. I've been trying to figure out what the offspring of various pairings would look like? The rooster has a good temperament so I would be stoked to pass on his genes and all the hens who are laying so far have been good layers! Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20201230_100346.jpg
    20201230_100346.jpg
    805.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm not sure the genetics of New Hampshires and Easter Eggers genes are quite the jumble, but I do know how to put the other gals into the poultry genetics calculator :D This should be the results-

1. Delaware x Australorp- Barred (male and female)
2. Delaware x Buff Orp- Light Golden Barred (male) Silver Barred (female) (take with a grain of salt, the genetics behind Buff are a little crazy and wild!)

Post pictures when you hatch the chicks <3 Love to see them!

T
I'm not sure the genetics of New Hampshires and Easter Eggers genes are quite the jumble, but I do know how to put the other gals into the poultry genetics calculator :D This should be the results-

1. Delaware x Australorp- Barred (male and female)
2. Delaware x Buff Orp- Light Golden Barred (male) Silver Barred (female) (take with a grain of salt, the genetics behind Buff are a little crazy and wild!)

Post pictures when you hatch the chicks <3 Love to see them!
Thanks!! I may try to do one of each mix just for curiosity sake! Will absolutely put photos up when we get wee chicks!!

Back
Top Bottom