Delawareans!!

Not many here from Delaware!
BTW, I'm keeping my Roos!
Too attached to part with them.
You ROCK! I love my bachelor flock! In addition to the obvious benefit of eye-candy, they're MUCH more entertaining than my breeding flock. The regular flock is full of day-to-day life with occasional spurts of energy and fun, usually instigated by me adding food or treats to the mix. On the other hand, watching The Boys is like spying on a bunch of frat boys. There are currently five in there, soon to be seven. They all get along, but they're always up to something! The current favorite pastime is a near-constant game of King-of-the-Mountain on a large, twisted root "tree" in their run. They never seem to tire of it and it's HIGHLY entertaining ... for them and for me!

You ROCK! I love my bachelor flock! In addition to the obvious benefit of eye-candy, they're MUCH more entertaining than my breeding flock. The regular flock is full of day-to-day life with occasional spurts of energy and fun, usually instigated by me adding food or treats to the mix. On the other hand, watching The Boys is like spying on a bunch of frat boys. There are currently five in there, soon to be seven. They all get along, but they're always up to something! The current favorite pastime is a near-constant game of King-of-the-Mountain on a large, twisted root "tree" in their run. They never seem to tire of it and it's HIGHLY entertaining ... for them and for me!
My boys are so darn handsome & huggable! Lol Love my Roos!

Hello All, I'm in North-Eastern Maryland, but could hike into DE if necessary. Yup, I'm that close ... but nope, I'm not that motivatd. I drive it!
Anyhoo ... my DD has aged out of 4H and is downsizing her end of the flock. We have three laying hens -

One Black Jersey Giant, just turned tow. She is VERY friendly, VERY large and lays big, brown eggs. At three months, she won Reserve Best American Breed at the Maryland State Fair.

One New Hampshire Red - also just turned two. She is a gorgeous dark red, lays nice sized tan eggs, and is so in-your-pocket friendly that she comes when calle and will sit in your lap. She jumps to the door ledge as soon as I open it up.

These two ladies - Siri (BJG, Sirius Black,) and GinnyRon (NHR, named because she was a vivid redhead but we didn't know her gender ... and the double moniker stuck!) are also known as The Kindergarten Dropouts, becasuse they began life in a kindy classroom and I was guilted into "rescuing our babies" by sisxteen innocent, pleading faces. YOU try to turn that down!

One NHR/Silkie cross. "Boo" is GinnyRon's daughter from a one-night stand with Herman the House Rooster - a blue splash Silkie who was a bit of a celebrity for his two years of indoor living. Boo and her brother, Spooky, hatched in my dining room on Halloween, 2019, so she's younger than the other two. Spooky has moved on to greener pastures (literally ... he's freeranging with a small harem and loving life) so it's just the three ladies.

If anyone is interested, pm me and we can figure out details.

Back
Top Bottom