Delawares from kathyinmo

Pics
I like #64. Nice size on him. He's got the bowl shape. Brick shape is what you want in a RIR.
wink.png
The only thing that bothers me with him is the angle where the tail meets his back, it should be a smooth curve. He's definitely the best of the two. I like the width between the legs on #60. Of course, I'm no expert so take my comments with that in mind.
smile.png

Your weights sound similar to mine at that age. Your #64 looks heavier than 5.5.
I just realized the other day that mine were not crowing yet. No fighting between them, either, not even posturing. I have been appreciating their mellow dispositions. The males, all but one, do not like handling, though.

Thanks for the comments - the PIC of both are at 22 weeks so I presume he is heavier - the last weigh was 19 weeks - #64 has some rumple where the tail starts up and I see a lot of feathers on ground so maybe molt [ is that too early ] - maybe will improve after molt . # 60 leg stance/spread is actually not as good as 64 - It was just the stance at snap of the camera.

Thanks for the comments - the PIC of both are at 22 weeks so I presume he is heavier - the last weigh was 19 weeks - #64 has some rumple where the tail starts up and I see a lot of feathers on ground so maybe molt [ is that too early ] - maybe will improve after molt . # 60 leg stance/spread is actually not as good as 64 - It was just the stance at snap of the camera.
All my breeds have been molting all summer. I have never seen chickens molt as must as I have this year. But then again, they are all new from this spring.

Since people were talking weight. I weighed mine. At 20 weeks the hens r only 41/2 and the roosters are at 6 lbs. Only weighed the 2 good typed cockerels. The other 2 have RIR body type. I'll go back and take some pics of the 2 good ones and see what you all think.

Here are some pics. Hard to get them to stand still lol.

the

Are these pictures of the boys at 20 weeks old? Mine are about 25 weeks and have completely undeveloped combs yet, and look like gangly, underdeveloped teenagers, all 9 of them. Like kIm mentioned, none have crowed or have acted amorous with the girls in any way. 7 are currently on free-range and two potential culls have been in a pen for about a month. Please tell me they are older
fl.gif

And to confirm, your boys are from Kathy's line?

Here is a pic of one of the two that are penned from this morning:

Are these pictures of the boys at 20 weeks old? Mine are about 25 weeks and have completely undeveloped combs yet, and look like gangly, underdeveloped teenagers, all 9 of them. Like kIm mentioned, none have crowed or have acted amorous with the girls in any way. 7 are currently on free-range and two potential culls have been in a pen for about a month. Please tell me they are older
fl.gif

And to confirm, your boys are from Kathy's line?

Here is a pic of one of the two that are penned from this morning:
Yes. They are only 20 weeks. Actually 2 days over. LOL. And sorry, they are not from Kathy. Would love to get some. I post here because more people come here than the Delaware thread.

Yes. They are only 20 weeks. Actually 2 days over. LOL. And sorry, they are not from Kathy. Would love to get some. I post here because more people come here than the Delaware thread.

AH, thank you. Was seriously starting to think I was doing something wrong!!!! My own line which I let go of to work on Kathy's line matured much faster like yours have.

AH, thank you. Was seriously starting to think I was doing something wrong!!!! My own line which I let go of to work on Kathy's line matured much faster like yours have.
Yea. These are from Paul Harter. Now the females are much slower than the males. They are all over the scale of maturity. 1 or 2 have nice red combs and wattles and 1 has no combs and wattles and then everything in between. LOL.

I had something nice happen to me yesterday. Last January/Feburary I got really sick and had to get rid of most of my chicks and a lot of my chickens. Some of them chicks were F-2's that I had hatched from the F-1's that Kathy had given me. One guy had taken 50 chicks of various breeds. Yesterday I went to that guys house and low and behold there in his chicken yard was a F-2 Delaware marked pullet that he had gotten from me. I was able to buy her back from him. She is very pretty and is laying. So I have at least one pullet from all that

I had something nice happen to me yesterday. Last January/Feburary I got really sick and had to get rid of most of my chicks and a lot of my chickens. Some of them chicks were F-2's that I had hatched from the F-1's that Kathy had given me. One guy had taken 50 chicks of various breeds. Yesterday I went to that guys house and low and behold there in his chicken yard was a F-2 Delaware marked pullet that he had gotten from me. I was able to buy her back from him. She is very pretty and is laying. So I have at least one pullet from all that

I'm glad you seem to have recovered from the illness and glad to have another Kathyinmo breeder line on board - can you send us a Pic love to see a F2

Back
Top Bottom