Delawares from kathyinmo

Well I reckon the last birds out of here will be my Delawares and that only if I am forced into an old folks home or planted in the bone orchard.
I want to keep 3 or 4 hens and a roo if possible, of my Dells. As far as working with them, I would not call it that. It for me is like trying to keep them going. If I hatch them , with my health like it is I will probably give them away. I would like to see more people with them enjoying the positive points of them in the future. them and buff. orps. are my favorites. The dels have been very friendly for me too.

Would really love to talk to you about chickens. I can be reached at [email protected] To anybody near Stockton - Sacramento - At this writing (July, 2014) am looking for a couple of Plymouth Barred Rock cockerels, a couple of Plymouth White Rock cockerels (I have pullets) and a small brace of Bearded Chinese Silkies (mixed cockerels and pullets). Must be pure bred (the chickens; not the reader!). LOL You may also call (no commercial solicitors as I'm on the National Do Not Call List) to talk about chickens.
Ye Olde Professor, the Zooman

Almost forgot (see immediate earlier post for ways to reach me) I would like to find some Delawares, both cockerels and pullets.
My best to all,
The Zooman

Thank you for the tip! I'm a novice at this computer thing. How do I contact either capayvalleychick or Kathy about this desire to get a few straight run Delawares? I live in northern California some 35 miles south and slightly east of Sacramento - 4.5 miles east of Route 99 which connects Stockton, Lodi, and Galt with Sacramento. Mine is a road called Peltier. Would really be pleased by a call from any of you even real late in the night. I'm alone in the house except for a very patient kitty. After a chat have the ability to roll over and go into REM sleep almost immediately. Late night calls are therefore welcome. At my advanced age, must be living right as I even have a wonderful lady friend after 10 years of widowhood. Get this lads… the dear lady is a smart and pretty country girl too and some 23 years or so my junior. Maybe she will last another 35+ years as did my first mate. (LOL) Yep, life is currently just peachy! Have been a chicken nut all my life though not always able to have them. Now in retirement the sky's the limit as I intend to see if I can improve on the birds which are bred using sex linkage as a tool. I figure that if I get involved in some worthwhile projects I won't be able to accommodate the grim reaper for a long spell - too much to live for! (If you just read this, it's your turn, so go ahead and now call the old nutcase.) Now what about connecting me with capayvalleychick and Kathy of Delaware fame.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Capayvalleychick started this thread so if you go to the first post of the first page of this thread you will see her avatar on the left side of the page. Hover your mouse over her name and you will see an option to send her a private message. I believe that she lives fairly close to you.

Kathy, the original creator/breeder of this line of Delawares is not selling at this time.

Just wanted to give a small update. I weighed my two largest Delaware cockerels at 14 weeks. Largest was 3.5lbs and the smaller one was just over 3lbs. The rest of the birds were smaller but I didn't weigh them.

Anyone else have weights recorded for 14 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom