Delawares from kathyinmo

Tha
:jumpy Nora! :jumpy

Congratulations Michael & Family!

Thank you all
! Momma and Nora are doing well. Probably will be going home this evening. Born 12/23/14 at 12:40pm, 7lbs 8 ounces, 20 ounces long. Full head of hair like me when I was a baby. So proud of Laurel and happy to be a dad of a precious baby girl. Grandparents are at home watching our 3 adopted teens. :)

Tha
Thank you all! Momma and Nora are doing well. Probably will be going home this evening. Born 12/23/14 at 12:40pm, 7lbs 8 ounces, 20 ounces long. Full head of hair like me when I was a baby. So proud of Laurel and happy to be a dad of a precious baby girl. Grandparents are at home watching our 3 adopted teens.
smile.png

Awwww. Precious. Congrats!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Tha
Thank you all! Momma and Nora are doing well. Probably will be going home this evening. Born 12/23/14 at 12:40pm, 7lbs 8 ounces, 20 ounces long. Full head of hair like me when I was a baby. So proud of Laurel and happy to be a dad of a precious baby girl. Grandparents are at home watching our 3 adopted teens.
smile.png

Job well done , Laurel . What a Christmas to remember.
Micheal I can see your watermark on that one .

Sympathy hug, Kim. This was my Christmas Dinner.

The Delaware cockerels got an early morning Christmas treat. Penguin had sneaked into their run before Dad got the cockerel colony pop door opened. I saw her through the kitchen window, saw Dad headed to the pop door. Like the slow motion crash scene in an action movie. "Noooooooooo!" Penguin is one of the Freedom Mutt pullets from the surprise hatch this past spring. She is rumpless and tiny and so anti-social she sleeps outside with Tonka, our "special" mutt rooster, instead of in the coop with the rest of the flock.

I tried to call to Dad while running out there in slippers and PJs. Too late.

It was freaky how fast those big hormonal boys were on top of tiny Penguin. Dad had to dig through the pile to pull her free. He was very brave.

I checked Penguin over and she seemed fine. Just blinked and gave me a resigned little purr.

Last edited:
Sympathy hug, Kim. This was my Christmas Dinner.

The Delaware cockerels got an early morning Christmas treat. Penguin had sneaked into their run before Dad got the cockerel colony pop door opened. I saw her through the kitchen window, saw Dad headed to the pop door. Like the slow motion crash scene in an action movie. "Noooooooooo!" Penguin is one of the Freedom Mutt pullets from the surprise hatch this past spring. She is rumpless and tiny and so anti-social she sleeps outside with Tonka, our "special" mutt rooster, instead of in the coop with the rest of the flock.

I tried to call to Dad while running out there in slippers and PJs. Too late.

It was freaky how fast those big hormonal boys were on top of tiny Penguin. Dad had to dig through the pile to pull her free. He was very brave.

I checked Penguin over and she seemed fine. Just blinked and gave me a resigned little purr.

You need the hug more than me, since that was your dinner. Are you a vegetarian?

Your story about Penguin reminds me of one of the first experiences that I had with chickens...

I was staying with a friend on their little homestead. They let me feed the animals. I had never seen a rooster with hens, before. I thought that he was trying to kill them. I kept running over to save the hens from him. My friend's mom told me, "Honey, let him be. Those hens LIKE that and we want fertile eggs."

Back
Top Bottom