Delawares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishingpokey

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Albany, Tx
I recently bought 12 delaware chicks.the reason i bought the delawares were that they are on the critical breed list and i would hate to see such a pretty bird disappear.but what i am wondering is since they came from a large hatchery what are the chances that they will turn out to be pure bred birds.I like the chicks but i really wanted pure bred birds.

If they came from a hatchery, then they are probably pure bred Delawares, but they may not be Show Quality since hatcheries sell in bulk and don't have the time to concentrate on certain characteristics. Even if they are not Show Quality, they may still be "good" quality and be very pretty birds.
smile.png

I just incubated/hatched 3 delaware chicks 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love them! Such personality! Now I'm desperately searching for more hatching eggs...out of the 3, I only have 1 pullet
sad.png
No matter where they come from, hatchery or breeder, you're guaranteed a beautiful bird with tons of personality and charisma.

mine are not skittish at all i can let them out of the coop and they come running out right to me.if i set on the ground they will be all over me in a few minutes.the 4 astalorps are not as gental as the deli's.

My Delawares are from MMM. I love them. They are very funny and brave--always the first to run up to you to see if you've brought goodies.

I have 2 Delawares that I got from My Pet Chicken. They are the MOST friendly out of all of mine. If you sit down in their run they are the 1st ones to jump in your lap to get a treat. They do something that I think is weird/funny too - when they cluck it sounds more like a honk that a goose would make. They are 4 mos. old now.

Does anyone else have Dellies that do the honking thing like mine???
hu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom