Deltona Florida, chickens allowed???

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by GBov, Oct 19, 2009.

1. GBov

GBov Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Looking at a house in Deltona Fl. and was wondering if anyone on here knows if chickens are allowed? I know many towns do and many towns dont and not being there yet to check on ordinances myself and I dont know how to do it online, it occurred to me that someone here might know.

So, are chickens allowed in Deltona [​IMG]

2. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    Ah, looks like nobody knows [​IMG] never mind, I will go hunting the answer elsewhere [​IMG]

3. kikster

kikster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2009
    Try www.municode.com. Just click on your state & city, and then view your city ordinance online. Once on your ordinance, you can just type in "poultry" in the search box, and it'll lead you to pages that talk about it. (The word "poultry" will be highlighted on those pages) [​IMG]

4. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    WooooHoooo THANKS for that [​IMG] I shall give it a try right now!

5. kikster

kikster Out Of The Brooder

Jul 7, 2009
    Good luck! I hope they have the info on your city!

6. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    They had Deltona all right, seems all poultry, goats and pet pigs are not allowed [​IMG]

How do you go about getting things like that changed?

7. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    Am feeling rather annoyed now, was reading more of the codes adn such and came accross a $100 fine for having an un spayed dog [​IMG] WHAT???? What on earth is THAT about? Do people want to get rid of dogs or what? We have an unspayed grump and I had just about decided to go ahead and spay her but daaaaaang, can they actually FINE you for having a pure bred registered grump unspayed???

The world is crazy [​IMG]

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    The goal is to have people neuter their dogs so that the shelters are less filled with unwanted animals that are euthanized. I believe that it is usually addressed by paying a higher licence fee for unneutered animals.

You may be able to obtain a special license for a pure bred (or for that matter any dog) that you deliberately intend to breed (as compared with "oops, she got out of the yard while in heat, again").

9. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    Hubby just told me we have the licence for an unspade grump so "not to worry, you silly thing!" lol

Sad about the chicken zone-ing though [​IMG] I was going to have 4 hens for eggs and to eat up kitchen scraps.

Why are people so dead set against chickens?

10. GBov

Apr 3, 2009
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have just seen that the proper language bot has changed the PROPER name of a female dog into GRUMP [​IMG]

Well, cant say I disagree with the change [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by