Deltona Florida, chickens allowed???

GBov

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Looking at a house in Deltona Fl. and was wondering if anyone on here knows if chickens are allowed? I know many towns do and many towns dont and not being there yet to check on ordinances myself and I dont know how to do it online, it occurred to me that someone here might know.

So, are chickens allowed in Deltona
fl.gif

Ah, looks like nobody knows
sad.png
never mind, I will go hunting the answer elsewhere
cool.png

Try www.municode.com. Just click on your state & city, and then view your city ordinance online. Once on your ordinance, you can just type in "poultry" in the search box, and it'll lead you to pages that talk about it. (The word "poultry" will be highlighted on those pages)
wink.png

WooooHoooo THANKS for that
big_smile.png
I shall give it a try right now!

They had Deltona all right, seems all poultry, goats and pet pigs are not allowed
hit.gif

How do you go about getting things like that changed?

Am feeling rather annoyed now, was reading more of the codes adn such and came accross a $100 fine for having an un spayed dog
ep.gif
WHAT???? What on earth is THAT about? Do people want to get rid of dogs or what? We have an unspayed grump and I had just about decided to go ahead and spay her but daaaaaang, can they actually FINE you for having a pure bred registered grump unspayed???

The world is crazy
rant.gif

The goal is to have people neuter their dogs so that the shelters are less filled with unwanted animals that are euthanized. I believe that it is usually addressed by paying a higher licence fee for unneutered animals.

You may be able to obtain a special license for a pure bred (or for that matter any dog) that you deliberately intend to breed (as compared with "oops, she got out of the yard while in heat, again").

Hubby just told me we have the licence for an unspade grump so "not to worry, you silly thing!" lol

Sad about the chicken zone-ing though
sad.png
I was going to have 4 hens for eggs and to eat up kitchen scraps.

Why are people so dead set against chickens?

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Have just seen that the proper language bot has changed the PROPER name of a female dog into GRUMP
lau.gif

Well, cant say I disagree with the change
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom