denegard, baytril or tylan?

Hello, this is my first post ever. Can you buy tylan without prescription would you know please? Also, one of my hens has bubbles in her eyes. One moment the bubbles are there, the next moment they have gone? Any idea? So grateful for any help.xx.

Hello, this is my first post ever. Can you buy tylan without prescription would you know please? Also, one of my hens has bubbles in her eyes. One moment the bubbles are there, the next moment they have gone? Any idea? So grateful for any help.xx.

Yes, you can buy tylan injectable or the soluable at any feed store, it'll be in the cattle section. TSC carries the injectable, not sure about the soluable. I'd flush the hens eye first with saline solution in case there's some debris in her eye, then put a little neosporin in the eye and wait and see if it clears up before giving her tylan. Quarantine her away from other birds and practice biosecurity... you dont want this to spread to your other birds if it's a respiratory problem.

Thank you so much for your swift reply. You have helped me....:)
Nice bike you got there. I've just sold my Kawasakie S2. Fancied something a bit more noisy and easier to ride. Oils up a lot. LOVE MY HENS.....SO MUCH.

I just started using Denegard and was told the eggs were still safe to eat. Is that true. I can't find any documentation for it. Thanks.

Welcome! Denagard is labeled for use in swine only, which is why you can't find anything about it for chickens. Were there actually label directions for hens? I only found information about swine. Mary

Hi Mary,
Yes i ordered it specifically for chickens and it came with chicken instructions just nothing about the eggs. I'm new to the chicken family and there is so much info out there. Frustrating.

Last edited:
Good information here! I do wonder if it actually eliminates the Mycoplasma infection in the flock, or reduces it for a while instead. The data above doesn't give any long term information, and talking about broilers is an eight week story only. The question is, what about use in the USA? Mary

Good information here! I do wonder if it actually eliminates the Mycoplasma infection in the flock, or reduces it for a while instead. The data above doesn't give any long term information, and talking about broilers is an eight week story only. The question is, what about use in the USA? Mary
Good questions... I have one right now with a snotty nose and puffy eyes, and I'd be in denial if I thought my flock was free of mycoplasma. If I knew how to draw blood I could send some off to Davis have it tested, then if positive, treat that bird with Denagard and retest every few months.

Not sure what to say about the US... It's not banned, so in theory I think a vet could legally prescribe it.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom