Dented egg day 17

Pics
One is trying to zip pretty good. The other two are still at first pip. One from last night, one from this morning
Ok this is good news then. The zipper is encouraging. In terms of last nights pipper, you should see its mouth moving like it is gasping, which is good. This means he is still absorbing the yolk. If you get to a point where you feel like you need to assist, make sure to watch for about 5 to 10 minutes before and make sure he isn't moving his mouth anymore.

But it looks like you did really good on the first assist.

I'll try and keep a better eye on my phone here for the rest of the day. I have a bantam hatch in progress at the moment, so we are kindred spirits!

Attachments

• IMG_3243.jpeg
    IMG_3243.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 15
Ok this is good news then. The zipper is encouraging. In terms of last nights pipper, you should see its mouth moving like it is gasping, which is good. This means he is still absorbing the yolk. If you get to a point where you feel like you need to assist, make sure to watch for about 5 to 10 minutes before and make sure he isn't moving his mouth anymore.

But it looks like you did really good on the first assist.

I'll try and keep a better eye on my phone here for the rest of the day. I have a bantam hatch in progress at the moment, so we are kindred spirits!
The chick rolled over another egg that I didn’t realize had pipped too. There’s green liquid coming out of that one and I don’t think the beak is moving. It must’ve died and I never knew it

It’s rolling all the other pipping eggs all over the place. The one good pipper is now upside down 😳

The chick rolled over another egg that I didn’t realize had pipped too. There’s green liquid coming out of that one and I don’t think the beak is moving. It must’ve died and I never knew it
It's normal for them to tumble all over the ggs. The eggs can handle it. If possible, remove the dead egg so it doesn't spread bacteria.

Congrats on the little guy that's out!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom