Dented egg day 17

Pics
Ok this is good news then. The zipper is encouraging. In terms of last nights pipper, you should see its mouth moving like it is gasping, which is good. This means he is still absorbing the yolk. If you get to a point where you feel like you need to assist, make sure to watch for about 5 to 10 minutes before and make sure he isn't moving his mouth anymore.

But it looks like you did really good on the first assist.

I'll try and keep a better eye on my phone here for the rest of the day. I have a bantam hatch in progress at the moment, so we are kindred spirits!
How are your bantams? I think I’m going to buy my own incubator for next time. One with a humidity gauge

How are your bantams? I think I’m going to buy my own incubator for next time. One with a humidity gauge
Even with new incubator, it's best to not only use the temp/humidity gauges on the machine, but I always put another temp/humidity gauge inside the machine as well, right next to the eggs. This way you are sure of the exact temp and humidity. Purchase quality everything when you want to incubate.

Even with new incubator, it's best to not only use the temp/humidity gauges on the machine, but I always put another temp/humidity gauge inside the machine as well, right next to the eggs. This way you are sure of the exact temp and humidity. Purchase quality everything when you want to incubate.
Okay, what brand do you use?

I’ve heard good things about them!
We use the little giant delux. It is old school, and deceiving in terms of how nice the more "modern" models look. But we have really good hatch rates with it, about 15 to 20% better than the nurture right 360. What i like most about it is how well it holds temp and humidity.

It is also bigger and more roomy for the newly hatched babies.

But yes, no matter what, buy a seperate temp/hygrometer. Im
Linking what I have. I love this one because it is affordable, and has an app. The app has an alarm feature that you can be notified if something goes below where you want it. Perfect for incubating (also has a 15% coupon right now!)

Govee Hygrometer Thermometer H5075, Bluetooth Indoor Room Temperature Monitor Greenhouse Thermometer with Remote App Control, Notification Alerts, 2 Years Data Storage Export https://a.co/d/0WSPEeB

We use the little giant delux. It is old school, and deceiving in terms of how nice the more "modern" models look. But we have really good hatch rates with it, about 15 to 20% better than the nurture right 360. What i like most about it is how well it holds temp and humidity.

It is also bigger and more roomy for the newly hatched babies.

But yes, no matter what, buy a seperate temp/hygrometer. Im
Linking what I have. I love this one because it is affordable, and has an app. The app has an alarm feature that you can be notified if something goes below where you want it. Perfect for incubating (also has a 15% coupon right now!)

Govee Hygrometer Thermometer H5075, Bluetooth Indoor Room Temperature Monitor Greenhouse Thermometer with Remote App Control, Notification Alerts, 2 Years Data Storage Export https://a.co/d/0WSPEeB
One thing I forgot to include is this is a bit larger. Account for that before buying it. Not a problem for our set up, but would be for a 12 egg bator.

Back
Top Bottom