Dented egg day 17

None of them moved šŸ˜¢ It almost looks like they either tried to poke through to the air cell, but couldnā€™t, or they did, and air came in along side their bodies, and they didnā€™t go any further. You could kind of make out the triangle where their head would be on most of them. How sad. This was my friendā€™s incubator she got at a farm auction, and I was just hatching eggs for her farm, so I donā€™t plan on hatching any more until I buy myself a nice incubator and humidity gauge. At least the 3 made it. So sad. I started with 11 eggs.
But you have three! My niece once lost all 12 šŸ˜¢ you did great BTW.

Make sure the chicks get water and food, enjoy their little peeps ā¤ļø

None of them moved šŸ˜¢ It almost looks like they either tried to poke through to the air cell, but couldnā€™t, or they did, and air came in along side their bodies, and they didnā€™t go any further. You could kind of make out the triangle where their head would be on most of them. How sad. This was my friendā€™s incubator she got at a farm auction, and I was just hatching eggs for her farm, so I donā€™t plan on hatching any more until I buy myself a nice incubator and humidity gauge. At least the 3 made it. So sad. I started with 11 eggs.
I am so sorry. This issue can happen from either low humidity or not enough ventilation. You mentioned your window was all steamed up so most likely it was a venting problem, not enough outside air was getting in. (Chicks need a ton of oxygen at hatch time.) It's really important to use a machine with adjustable vents or one that has a continuously open vent with a blower. Vents need to be wide open at lockdown and hatch.

I am so sorry. This issue can happen from either low humidity or not enough ventilation. You mentioned your window was all steamed up so most likely it was a venting problem, not enough outside air was getting in. (Chicks need a ton of oxygen at hatch time.) It's really important to use a machine with adjustable vents or one that has a continuously open vent with a blower. Vents need to be wide open at lockdown and hatch.
Iā€™m never using this incubator again. I like the reviews on brinsea, but theyā€™re so expensive. I thought about a Manna Pro (?) I saw on Amazon. It had good reviews. I donā€™t know though. Iā€™m going to take my time to find the right one. How sad! They were so close

Iā€™m never using this incubator again. I like the reviews on brinsea, but theyā€™re so expensive. I thought about a Manna Pro (?) I saw on Amazon. It had good reviews. I donā€™t know though. Iā€™m going to take my time to find the right one. How sad! They were so close
:hugs

There's a lot of good incubators out there. Lots of people use the Manna Pro 360 here on BYC. Shop around and definitely read the reviews on them.

:hugs

There's a lot of good incubators out there. Lots of people use the Manna Pro 360 here on BYC. Shop around and definitely read the reviews on them.
Okay I definitely will. Thanks for being with me through all of this! The 3 I have are eating and drinking. One of them keeps one of its eyes closed. It will open if I help it, and stays open a while, but closes again like it wonā€™t open on its own. But walks around and eats just fine when it can see. Thereā€™s nothing seeping. It looks clean and bright.

I have a blue laced red wyandotte/marans, Dominique/marans (Twister), and a Cinnamon Queen/marans

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 6
Okay I definitely will. Thanks for being with me through all of this! The 3 I have are eating and drinking. One of them keeps one of its eyes closed. It will open if I help it, and stays open a while, but closes again like it wonā€™t open on its own. But walks around and eats just fine when it can see. Thereā€™s nothing seeping. It looks clean and bright.
You are so welcome! Chicks do sleep a lot at this age so as long as she is eating and drinking, she's probably OK. Around 1 week old and they start in with the zoomies. :D

Back
Top Bottom