Depending on what day your candling do you ALways see movement?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    Further along...AH! I don't know the EXACT day my broody BO started sitting on them but close...around the 8th...I candled 2 today and saw veins and what looked like a air cell on one end and chick blob on the other? IDK ((FIRST TIMER ALERT [​IMG])) But, no movement? [​IMG] Are those hopeless or maybe just a few more days behind what i thought they were?

Thanks any advice, opinions would be helpful!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have NEVER seen movement. Do not be discouraged by not seeing movement.

3. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    OH this makes me feel so much better! I was really loosing hope! Thanks so much for posting this!

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Quote:X2 Just did my first hatch this month and got six chicks out of eggs that I never saw movement in. [​IMG]

5. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

First GOOD LUCK! I'm on day 11 and candled and saw lots of movement in 1 egg out of 6. We've already gotten rid of one that was a definite clear nothing going on... but we did get to see movement in that one egg and it was exciting. A couple of mine are really dark shells and I can only see some faint veining and that's about it. So, we're hopeful that there is more going on in there!

[​IMG]

Hope you have a great hatching!!! [​IMG]

6. vebyrd36

vebyrd36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2010
    New Ringgold Pa
    Every now and then I'll see a heartbeat. Mine were still today when I put them in lockdown.

7. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. The embryos rest, just like human babies. Sometimes they just bounce around, sometimes they take a nap.

8. chknmomma

chknmomma Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    WA
    I WISH I had seen this post BEFORE I just cracked open an egg that I hadn't seen movement in. I've been suspicious of the development in 2 of my 3 BLRW eggs. But what the hell do I know, I'm a first timer.

Well, I just killed a day 12 embryo. [​IMG]:( I could have gone without ever seeing that. I feel terrible now.[​IMG]

So I guess you really might not see movement in there.

9. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Very rarely do I ever see movement in any of mine once they get past the little embryo blob stage. Once they get past day 7 or 8 I never see them move. That is why I learned to wait till day 10-12 to candle anymore. As long as the egg is partly black I leave it alone.

10. dianneS

dianneS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    South Central PA
    I don't ever see much movement. Sometimes at the very end if I can see a foot near the air cell I might see movement, but most of the time, no.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by