Depressed duck

Opal8

Songster
Apr 29, 2019
My duck recently was attacked by a raccoon that ripped off the back of her neck. The wound is healing well, but my duck is very depressed it seems. Physically, she can still eat and drink. She does not want to though. What should I do?

How long has she not eaten? Has a vet seen her? Pictures would be good of her poop and her. Is she drinking at all? So sorry this has happened to her. Does she have any flock mates? Maybe a visit from one laid back one would help her get started on eating again
Yes, she was actually at the vets house for a few days. I got her back two days ago. She hasn’t eaten much yesterday and hasn’t eaten at all today. She drinks a little, but not much. I actually brought her outside today to see friends, but they were scared of her.

It's not that bad and there are people on here that can coach you really well. @Runner duck mom did it because it was the only way her duck could live and her duck is doing great almost a year later. She was on death's door before she started tube feeding. We can help!
Oh wow! Yes! I will need a lot of help! I’m so worried about her!

You need the right equipment

60cc catheter tip syringe - tractor supply (the big one in the picture)
fullsizeoutput_34d3.jpeg

18 fr red rubber catheter - RU118_REDRUBBER_18FR.jpg
http://www.greatmedicalsupplies.com/supply~Allegiance+(55)~urethral-cathred-rubber18-fr-ru118.htm
Exact baby bird food - pet's smart IMG_0791.JPG

Back
Top Bottom