Depression Era Quilt Block Swap----- Sign-up now CLOSED

thumbsup.gif
..love these quilts..just great..Is the black red white one a Turning Twenty ?...

All these blocks are so pretty!
Yes Ginger I can hardly wait to get them back, its going to be so much fun to put together.

Minniechicks loving what you did with the baby quilt, what a great idea; I'm sure they loved it.

ACRE!!!! I think I accidently sent you 14 blocks instead of 13; would you just throw my extra back in my envelope?? Aw c'mon, you would tell me if I accidently sent it wouldn't you???
wink.png
I am one short in my "extra" pile, lol, so I think its on its way to you!!

cuntryyuppiechick How great that you have a treadle; I want one so bad and can't seem to find one at an auction I can afford!! Of course my legs would probably protest for a long time if I ever got one, but at my age I hurt all over anyway most days!
lol.png

I wouldn't even think of an auction. They are suddenly trendy so auctions are high. You have to go to the thrift stores weekly and watch for one around $20, maybe $50 if it has a cabinet or fancy paint detail in great condition. It should turn by hand and not really stick. The Singer is the most common and easy to get parts for, knock wood. You could get two for parts and have the shop put one together for you. My mom got it for $2 at the junk yard in the early 1970s. I've had it for about 20 years and have it professionally serviced about every 8 years. It gets a lot of use. It's really relaxing to use but you might see some leg tone where you didn't have it before.

Back
Top Bottom