Depression Era Quilt Block Swap----- Sign-up now CLOSED

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
This swap is limited to 12 spots....so sign-up now before its to late!!!!
barnie.gif

This block swap will help you get rid of lots of those scraps laying around your sewing room. If you didn't know what to do with them...here's a great idea.

http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DepressionBlock.html

This block will end up at 12 1/2 inches (please don't trim the edges)

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No flimsy fabrics, please. BLEEDING FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING. (Reds, Dark Blues, Dark Purples, Dark Greens) If the fabric has already been washed there is no need to wash it again.

Colors: Half Light colors & Half Dark colors you have in your scrap bin....BUT....Please follow the directions carefully on how to place light and dark for the block to turn out right for everyone there is a chart that shows where to place the colors

again....Size of finished Block: 12.5 inches (please do not trim the edges)

Block Pattern: http://www.quilterscache.com/D/DepressionBlock.html

Number of blocks: 12 blocks

Sign Up Deadline: Oct. 1st, 2011.......or when spots are filled (you can start sewing the blocks as soon as you sign-up)

Please do not sign-up if you do not think you can do the blocks in time. There is plenty of time here if you can do one block a day (except on Sunday)
wink.png

Blocks due to me: Nov. 5th, 2011.....Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. There will be no waiting time for stragglers on this block beings it is running so close with Thanksgiving and CHRISTmas.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me. If your packages do not have the appropriate postage, I will "return to sender". Blocks and SASE should be able to fit in a small flat rate Priorty Mail Envelope--I believe the stamp is $4.95 + Delivery Confirmation (75 more cents) $5.70 total. Be sure to get 2 stamps. 1 for sending to me. 1 for sending back to you. (2 sets will easily fit)

Please post here if you would like to join.

Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer:::: This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

THANK YOU BYC STAFF FOR LETTING US TO CONTINUE OUR QUILTING SWAPS!! We have had great fun with this in the past and want to continue doing so!!

The Depression Era Quilters are:::
Acre of Blessings~~received~~
ginbart~~received~~
sunrise farms~~received~~
jc12551
countryuppiechick~~received~~
chickencrazymamahen~~received~~
wyoDreamer
Toi-toi~~received~~
Coldupnorth~~received~~
minniechicks~~received~~
GrannysRoost~~received~~
Lunachick~~received~~
prairegirl~~received~~

Last edited:
Sign me up IF the one you posted is the one we are doing..
tongue2.gif
..jk..Im in acre just let me know via phone if you change anything.

LOVE LOVE depression era blocks and the colors you chose!!

sad.png
I just dont think I can do this one. Not that it is too hard but that is alot of little pieces to cut and sew.
he.gif
I would just need a quicker project. Something that the blocks themselves wouldnt take me so long. I am so tempted and want to do it - I just dont have the time.
hit.gif
I will keep my eye out for the next one.
sad.png

I have had this on my list of blocks to do for years!!!!! I actually have a quilt top from the 40's that my grandmother's grandmother made with this pattern. It comes out so nice when the pattern is followed correctly
big_smile.png

I would love to sign up (if you will have me
smile.png
)!

Last edited:
17Roses....come on and give it a try, like I said in the pm, I do think ginbart can show us a very easy way to do the triangles.
fl.gif

jc12551.....your signed up!!!! Of course we will have you.
smile.png

Quote:
Well yes I can but my battery is dead in my camera and I can't find the charger. I will find it this week end and you will see 17Roses how fast you can do them. Maybe I can find it somewhere else. If I do I'll put it up here for everyone.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom