Depression Era Quilt Block Swap----- Sign-up now CLOSED

Quote:
Friday will be fine...jsut let me know when you have sent them
smile.png

and I know what you mean by the cutting.
th.gif
lol

Mine are going out tomorrow....I have it all packed up and just need to send it out. You should get the both projects (stripping & dep era blocks together) by Thurs/Fri latest......
smile.png

Quote:
Everyone that is participating in this swap sends their blocks to me (in this case 13 blocks each). Then, when I receive them all, I seperate them into 13 different piles and I send them back to the the owners and this way they get 13 different blocks that is made by people here in US that live in different states. So in all...there will be 13 different quilts in the end...not just one.

Here is a scrappy block that I am making for Block Lotto Blog ......... It's called the "Scrappy Trail" We may have to do one of these next year sometime.......let me know what you all think. in this block which a 12 1/2 inch block unfinished and it has 36...2 1/2inch blocks in this one block. It really doesn't take that long to do but as with the Depression Era Block the cutting takes most of the time.

8369_baby_pictures_176.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation. Maybe one day I will have time to participate. (maybe january, that's usually a slow month)

I have resorted to strip quilting since I am on my own, well mostly. I did a nice applique/pieced quilt 10 years ago, and a sort of log cabin last winter. The scrappy quilt would work well with the kind of strips I tear off, I'd just have to tear them 2.5 inches wide (lots of mine are one inch strips. I learned that tearing with the grain reduced fraying from washing so that's how I do mine if I am not cutting a triangle.

Carpal tunnel assisted the lesson, but I still LOVE to make quilts. I piece on a machine - is that ok, or are these all hand stitched on the piece work?

Gypsi

Back
Top Bottom