Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Nambroth, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    I made one for 2012..
    I guess I need to make another for 2013 soon! Though everyone should consider the BYC calendar, too. The money from it keeps our forums going. :)
  2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
  3. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Yes, thanks for responses. I guess your right I still love curly toes. It was my fault. She's doing fine so a lessoned learned. Thanks, for your help.
  4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

LOL, its not your fault, its a quirk of nature! I think its funny how my girl gets up and GOES! I will have to post a pic of how bad her toes were... OH, I have one when she was a chick...hmmm... let me look

As you can see, the one foot is worse than the other. On the far foot, the outside toe curls back, and the inside toe too. Then on the near foot, they all curl the same way. She is a NH/Faverolle. AND she is the fattest of chicken and lays the biggest egg. LOL.
  5. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    Just reading the first page, about the Q-tip had me laughing SOOOO Hard I was Crying. I love this!! :D [​IMG] Typical chicks!!
  6. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Okay guys, so I've had this idea brewing for a long while. Derp is such a small hen for a LF(large fowl), even compared to other Faverolles, she is a runt! She sits in my lap and is just like a cute, huggable, soft loaf of chicken bread.
    Her face is so bizarrely cute with the fluff of cheek and beard feathers and her crazy eyes...
    I want to have her around all the time! But keeping her inside wouldn't be fair to her. She likes to be outdoors, and moreover, when I have her inside for long the outside hens 'forget' Derp and are mean to her for a while after I take her back out. That's not fair.

How to have a Derp with me all the time that I could hug?

So, for the last month I have been sourcing materials to make plush Derps. I've ordered everything and now I wait for it to come in! I even found intensely orange colored eyes.
    I don't have a sewing machine, so I will have to hand sew them. I am not sure how long they will take me to make, so please be patient! If I can get them to turn out okay, I will consider selling a few. I bought really high end materials, but they will be hand sewn, so I must insist that they not be given to young children because they could be pulled apart and present a choking hazard. These will be for big kids and us 'grown up' kids that still get a kick out of cute plush animals!

I found a fantastic bushy dark brown fur for the poooofy cheeks and beard! I am giggling just thinking about it...
    2 people like this.
  7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I definitely want one!!
  8. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Mee too!! Mee too!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    I'll post the first one when I'm done, sometime in September. I haven't even gotten the fabric in the mail yet. :)

I don't know how long they will take me or how much they will cost, so please don't get too excited just yet. Once I can make them I'll have a much better idea of what is going on. :) There aren't any good chicken plushes out there that I've found and I am determined to change that... though on a very, very small scale indeed, haha!
  10. haleywolter1999

haleywolter1999 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm only on page 3 and I'm totally in love with Derperella (Derp) <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 XOXOXOXO Haley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by