Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

lol.png
Poor Baron - his first visit back with the flock and that's the welcome he gets! At least he's already able to stand up for himself - literally and metaphorically!

How did Derp react to his return? Actually that question should really be: "Did Derp even notice that the Baron had disappeared and then come back?"
wink.png

So happy to hear this story...what a day! It was pretty nice here today too, and my little crew was VERY HAPPY to get out and about. I wanted to sit out with them but could only stand the cold for a short time. It was nice in the sun, but the bit of wind we had made it too chilly to hang out for long! Glad to hear some encouraging words! Hoping for continued progress! :)

I wanted to tell you, dear Millie is such a cutie! Very calm, even tempered, and silly to watch. She has such HUGE bloomers!!

lol.png
Poor Baron - his first visit back with the flock and that's the welcome he gets! At least he's already able to stand up for himself - literally and metaphorically!

How did Derp react to his return? Actually that question should really be: "Did Derp even notice that the Baron had disappeared and then come back?"
wink.png

Well, the funny thing about that is Derp didn't even notice that everyone else was outside!! She was having such a fun time in the new bedding that I hated to interrupt her...
gig.gif

SO SO SO happy to hear that Puddles first outing was GREAT fun! well sorta, I guess in the chicken world it would be anyhow. He got some fresh air, some exercize and got to see his harem win/win :yesss:

Dear Derp was just being .. well ........Derp :love

Fudlady, maybe he needs stimulus to get him motivated, bring one of the calmer girls in and pop her on the other side of the room with some corn, then that might motivate him to start working those legs and get over to her. after all, hes a man, As one I know what they think when they see a pretty lady
roll.png

Actually, he has been really good about standing up and walking around several times each hour! He's very polite, too, because he will walk off of his towels, onto the carpet... then turn around and go back to his towels to sit (and, eventually, poo). I couldn't have trained him any better!

We still encourage him to move around, too, of course... but he's been very good about moving at his own pace. I can say he has more control now. He can mostly go where he wants to go, though sometimes he runs out of steam and has to sit down early.

On a scale of 0-100%...
With 0% being paralyzed and unable to use his legs,
And 100% being a normal, active chicken...

I'd say he's probably around 40% right now!

Back
Top Bottom