Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Pics
Outside in the chicken run, the Fud Lady made an 'outdoor roost', which is really a fancy way of saying that she stuck a 2x4 out there for the girls to sit on when they want to get off the ground. Everyone except for big ole Mr. Gullin likes to go up there now and then... they sit, they preen, they watch the yard, they escape the rooster.

The two that like it most of all though, are the Faverolles, Derperella and Coho.
Derp and Coho have a special sort of sisterhood going. They do like one another, though like all siblings sometimes they don't see eye to eye.
One would figure that Derp would be the younger, brain-addled sibling. She's smaller, weaker, and never has any idea what is going on. But not so!

When they are on the outdoors perch, Coho will nearly turn herself inside out to crawl under Derperella. Coho does her best to get under that little Derp chicken, to the point where she's actually knocked Derp off a few times! But mostly, Coho is satisfied with getting her head underneath Derp's belly. Please imagine if you will, the beautiful large Lady Coho, with her head and neck shoved under the little scruffy Derperella. For hours.

What does Derp do the whole time?
She preens. And stands proud.

The Fud Lady will try to get a photo of this some day. She can only see it happening from inside the house-- if she goes outside all the chickens jump down and run to the gate for treats/out time!

:yuckyuck

So with your new escape roost does that mean you get to keep Mr. Gullincambe? I hope so. He seems so good and well-behaved (albeit clumsyfooted) and he is most gorgeous.

Awwww I love Derp! I'm like derp - A LOT like derp! I'm crazy and strange and I don't have a care in the world if everyone hates me.

I did a painting of derp:

As you can tell, I'm not a proffesional artist like the Fud Lady. I've been doing digital paiting only for a month now, even less than that.

And the comb looks funny. Gah.
tongue.gif

Awwww I love Derp! I'm like derp - A LOT like derp! I'm crazy and strange and I don't have a care in the world if everyone hates me.

As you can tell, I'm not a proffesional artist like the Fud Lady. I've been doing digital paiting only for a month now, even less than that.

And the comb looks funny. Gah.
tongue.gif

love.gif

Awwww I love Derp! I'm like derp - A LOT like derp! I'm crazy and strange and  I don't have a care in the world if everyone hates me.

And the comb looks funny. Gah.:tongue

:clap

Isn't that a fun and fantastic drawing of Derp?!

So with your new escape roost does that mean you get to keep Mr. Gullincambe? I hope so. He seems so good and well-behaved (albeit clumsyfooted) and he is most gorgeous.

Alas, no-- I've had the escape roost since day 1. I wish it wasn't so, but Gullin continues to unintentionally hurt his girls. It seems that a fellow from here (BYC) would like to take him and I will drop him off when we get a chance to make a road trip. I didn't want to upset anyone, but I should probably say it so that you know I'm not making a mountain out of a molehill; he scalped Derp a bit today, about the size of a quarter. I doctored her up and had her inside all day so that the wound would have time to dry. She's okay-- goodness knows that she was happy indoors.

Back
Top Bottom