bow.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
goodpost.gif

I LOVES DERP and FUD LADY!
love.gif

Me too !
love.gif

The 3 Cabellaros pictured above are my personnal pets and do go outside during the day (cuz I live in southern CA) BUT come in the house every night to entertain me and guard me when I sleep.
These 3 also come to every chicken show I go to on my Serama Meet&Greet Mobile Command Center to educate EVERYONE on how great these birdies are.
(This is the ABA/APA show in Paso Robles, CA 10/2015)

Last edited:
Fud Lady, my friend (Chicago suburb) has had house chickens for over 25 years, generally silkies or cochin .Her present house flock is 2 serama hens and 1 silkie hen. The serama hens chase the dog out of his bed when they pretend to go broody. I say pretend because they are sitting on air, come and go as they please - leaving their invisible eggs to get cold or stolen. THey eat like pigs, steal food from the dog dish and his toys. They also watch tv at night with their human.

She doesn't diaper them - she just always has a rag, and disinfectant and is a fast draw when they need it. She got the 2 - silkied seramas, thinking they would be feathered like silkies, they aren't. So she was disappointed. But they are the healthiest birds she has ever had. They(and silkie & dog) lay inside of the door- when she leaves home and apparently wait there till she comes back. They mob her like a pet dog would.

What's cute about them - is when strangers come they hide behind the couch, and pace back and forth- peeking out to see if the people left yet. I think as long as you don't get type A (the smallest) serama - I've heard,not robust and often infertile - you would have no problem. B's and C's would be fine.

I think they look like little bowling balls with feathers.

More info Nambroth, I am a magnet for the handicapped birds and most all my seramas are handicapped OR they are "culls" from serama breeders.
I find it interesting that in the Serama Show world therer is NEVER talk of this "class A B C" business, a serama is a serama, regardless of their size UNLESS you get to Tier 2 judging, then possibly a Judge might weight the birds to see if they all are within the weight limits for a serama.

Want more info on Seramas: http://www.scnaonline.org/ :D

Seramas are actually little peoples in feathered coats! :love

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom