Derperella, the (weird) Faverolles, & Friends

Pics
Quote:
She didn't seem to even realize it happened.

The Story:

The Fud Lady was out checking on the chickens (and sneaking in some snuggles when she should have been working!), when the Fud Guy (Fud Lady's husband) spoke up.
"Hey, Derp's in the nesting box!"
The Fud Lady dismissed this, as Derperella often liked to go into the nesting boxes for fun. They were a nice place to run when the other chickens were being bossy, plus there were neat things inside! Like walls and hay and sometimes other chickens!
But, the Fud Lady looked closer. You know. Just in case.

Derp wasn't just in a nest box. She was sitting on poor Kua!!

Kua. She broke her beak when she was younger, the whole story is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=556859
6333073397_b946d05736_b.jpg

Well, Kua was trying to lay her egg. Kua lays an egg every day like clockwork. Why couldn't Derp wait for her to get out? No. Derp was full on sitting atop Kua, and boy Kua was not pleased.
Kua growled and gave Derp the stinkiest stink eye that ever popped out of a chicken.
Derp was oblivious.
Kua growled and growled. She didn't try to toss Derp off, because gosh, she was laying her egg right then and it was taking all of her effort. All she could do is Growl.

"Oh, Kua. Poor thing. Trying to lay your egg with a Derperella on you is probably not how you planned your day," the Fud Lady remarked, and went around to open up the nesting box.

Derp peeked up at the Fud Lady.
The Fud Lady peeked down at Derp.
Derp was pleased.

So, then the Fud lady picked Derperella up and placed her in the other, empty, nesting box. She figured Derperella could goof around in the empty one without disturbing poor Kua, who couldn't seem to stop growling. Poor Kua.
That's when the Fud Lady saw it.

A little egg... on TOP of Kua!

Derperella had laid her egg on top of another chicken.
Why not?!
(Derp went about her day and didn't even seem to notice)

p.s. .... The Fud Lady didn't even think to snap a photo of the Egg On Top Of Kua, because her camera was in the house, and she was excited, plus the egg was a bit bloody since it was Derp's first (and Derp is so small! I am not even sure how she squeezed it out.)

Last edited:
Is Derp okay? Did she sing the egg song? Is she staring at the egg? Pictures are wonderful. I love your sense of humor fud lady.

Quote:
Derp is very okay! She is as goofy and happy go lucky as ever. I check on her regularly and she's doing great.

No egg song! Of 6 hens, only one sings it. Perhaps that is a blessing. The Egg Song is loud and the rooster sings it with my hen when she lays an egg!

OMG! I had the WORST day and then I read about Derp laying her first egg ON another chicken and I'm dying laughing so hard I'm almost crying.

A good Derp story can brighten even the worst day! I mean, Why not?! Right?!?

Wow, you're the lady who fixed Kua's beak with some sort of weird silicon or something? Cool, your chickens are all pretty interesting.

Hehehe, love the way Derp is Derpy, even with her first egg. Oh Derp, you are the best.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom