Desperate for help - roost pole craziness

Ok, he just emailed me this picture. This is what he put together to see if they like this better!

This is the old feed room for my horse barn. I took everything (well, almost, still working on it!) out and they moved into here. It has windows and solid walls and doors, so should be MUCH more secure than what we initially planned to build. Not to mention it's free instead of $2,000 to build or buy a coop and attach it to the existing run. This has electricity and running water already.

There is a vent in the wall down by the floor with a thick steel door on it. I can just slide open the steel door and they can come and go from their run! It works perfect!! I just had to move all my feed and supplies somewhere else in the barn, but that is working great anyway.

Now if I can only get these little poops to roost peacefully without maiming each other, I'd be all set!

My roosts looks very similar to yours and my chickens act the same way every night at dusk! Their 'night' roost is a four tier roost which starts 12" from the ground then second roost board is 24', and so on until it reaches 4 foot high. They will all sit on the very end of the highest level until they push each other off the edge and onto the floor. Same as yours. So, I installed another board at the 4 foot level at the end (in an 'L' shape) so it runs parallel to that. What do they do? They all set on the new board and push one another off the end of that to. I give up!! I'll just let them work their problem out amongst themselves! LOL

Back
Top Bottom