Desperately need info

Walmart and tractor supply are both open and carry chick feed (and ship to home). Any other poultry feed that is NOT layer would also be fine... starter, grower, flock raiser, all flock, meat bird, etc.

Some standard grocery stores may also sell small bags of chick feed in their pet departments.

The info in post # 2 is good for short term purposes...

If you can't find feed at a store, consider posting an ad on Craigslist farm and garden section for someone who might part with a little feed from their supply... Petaluma is like the chicken capital at one time... lots of chicken farmers in that area.

:fl

ETA: don't forget it isn't just protein but amino acids that's key. Chickens are omnivores... those babes will eat meat also.. cooked ground beef (maybe raw), chicken, tuna, etc. Grit can be a pile of dirt. Corn meal should be a bit higher in protein than standard corn.
Just so you know, San Francisco has NO Walmart and NO TSC! :D

Just so you know, San Francisco has NO Walmart and NO TSC! :D
San Fran is a city that's part of huge metropolitan bay area... There is a TSC in Petaluma... and I've been to walmart just outside Oakland in Dublin... if there's a will there's a way. So while I'm aware that SF has limited warehouse type stores, I also figured their are bonuses to living in such an area which includes access to a whole host of things even if you have to drive a bit. And suggested some off the top of my head... I figured google would show the closest locations and they could choose which ones had the least amount of bridge tolls and/or time spent sitting in traffic. Thank you for calling it to my attention though! :thumbsup

Hello from San Francisco. Our 4 week old chicks have run out of food. All pet stores are closed, and will be indefinitely and I have no food to give them. Can I feed them cornmeal? Grits? I’m not sure what to do. I’m scoping out my pantry because that’s all we have. What can I feed these guys?
Feed stores are considered essential here. Do you have any near you? (Tractor Supply, etc) or order online for delivery. Heck, I saw some at Walmart the other day even! Who knew!?!

Back
Top Bottom