Desperately seeking a quiet roo.UPDATE: Got one!Araucana

Quote:
You know......I have a lot of silkies "coming to age". I wonder if perhaps I might get VERY lucky. I "think" I've got 1 roo at 17 weeks but am unsure. No crowing.just looks kinda like one. His/her 2 nestmates began laying just yesterday!
Out of 3 silkies got 2 eggs sooooo.........I wonder if I might even have a "quieter" roo in my midst.
hu.gif

That would really be a miracle for me.
fl.gif

Lesterlu, I hope you are the lucky one! My partridge silkie crows all day long, starting at day break. I rush out and grab him and put him in the garage to delay the start of it.
hmm.png

My neighbors have not complained yet, but they will. He is going to be re-homes as soon as they lay a clutch of eggs- they are 20 weeks now.

Good luck!

I would love to adopt a crowless rooster! I never thought of posting anything because I didn't think there was any possibility that someone would be willing to part with one. We live in the city, but love the crow of a rooster. If there is anyone else out there that has a crowless rooster that needs an amazing home, I will apopt him
big_smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
I am so sorry I am laughing! But been there.......and my poor little bantam barred rock HAD to go at 10 weeks old. He'd crow in the garage so loud you could STILL hear him. All day long .....My neighbors were to kind to complain as they are my friends but I just couldn't do it to them. I wanted to keep them as friends.

I miss the little bugger but he is happy upstate NY.

I'll say again:
Japanese bantams (also called Chabo) are amazingly QUIET! My two roos barely make a peep. One crowed once today, and it was so soft I thought he had laryngitis.
big_smile.png

Really, if you would like a quiet bantam rooster, Chabo/Japanese bantams may be a perfect choice. They also are pretty and calm.

Quote:
I would be interested in some eggs from them do you have any for sale? I just put up a post about the same thing lol

My Serama roo was much quieter than my jap roosters. Maybe my serama roo is just super quiet, but he is about 1/2 as loud as the japs.

Quote:
Wow, you have Nugget AND 2 roos who don't crow!! That is like winning Lotto.
thumbsup.gif

Sigh...........they are beautiful boys too. Think they could follow mapquests directions and get here on their own???
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom