Desperately seeking salmon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by byebyesalmon, Nov 13, 2016.

1. byebyesalmon

byebyesalmon New Egg

Nov 13, 2016
    We just lost our favorite hen this morning :(. Does anyone sell salmon favorelle? Near Ohio? Will drive if need be. Please send prices and location. My husband ; yes husband is devastated! Thanks jewels

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    :welcome!

So sorry about your loss. You might try posting in the Ohio state thread to see what people have. Or, if you're fine with chicks and with hatchery quality birds, Meyer Hatchery is in Ohio and they sell Salmon Faverolles. You could order one and then go there and pick it up, I believe they allow that.

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Sorry to hear about your bad news. [​IMG] Not sure if you are looking for an adult or chicks. Chicks may be tough to come by this time of year. You might ask some fellow Ohioans. You can find the OH thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    And here is a link to breeders and hatcheries: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16/chicken-breeders-hatcheries
    I think most hatcheries are closed for the season but perhaps you can locate someone who breeds and sells Salmons. Good luck to you. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    You might be able to find some on your local Craigslist? I've been very surprised by what all is listed on there; but be warned about scammers trying to sell roosters as hens :p

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you. I'm so sorry for your loss; I hope you find a new bird!

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

So sorry to hear about your loss, it's always hard when we lose one of our flock. Good luck finding what you want.

Thank you for joining us

8. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs I agree with Pyxis, Meyer is still selling, and they are my favorite hatchery, I have been very happy with them, as long as you don't want them for breeding purposes. Good luck finding some, and I hope you enjoy BYC!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. I hope you are able to find a Salmon Faverolles pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by