Detached air cells on all eggs (shipped)

3/7 quit so I’ve got 4 live ones left. I’ve never had eggs this small- this sure is hard. My hatch rate is usually so much better!
I’ve got my large eggs on day 18 in a container with holes so that their humidity needs are met. Kind of multi tasking, so whatever happens happens.
I see the remaining four move around when I candle them though. I haven’t a clue on why the others didn’t make it.

Fingers crossed I get a female from this tiny clutch so I don’t have to incubate them ever again!

View attachment 3452873View attachment 3452875View attachment 3452877
That white egg ^ is definitely dead but I like giving it the benefit of the doubt.
In comparison my large egg group hasn’t had a single quitter. There was one egg that never developed. This group was sent in newspaper, styrofoam, a box within a box, you name it. Small eggs came from a guy I bought from before with 0 life due to shaking. I begged him to use the other method, but when life gives you lemons, yknow.

It’s day 12 for mine and I like to read loudly by the incubator on this day. I heard they’re able to hear on day 12 and I have a silly idea they’ll become more accustomed to people if I do this. Like how they hear their mother 24/7.

Hope you’ve got some little guys left!
Well day by day more quit
Friday my last egg died
I really think this was caused by shopping then a big cold front came in and how bad the eggs were thrown around. These were only on toilet paper then egg carton then in a box
They box did have a little damage but no eggs were cracked or broken
I’m going to try again when the weather is better
I get 90-100% on my home eggs so I really thought I would get at least 30 %
18 eggs
5 never started 2 of those had runny yolk with detached air cells
3 had normal looking yolk
Th rest all started but many died in a day or two
Some I couldn’t even tell till I opened them up then saw the tiny red in the yolk
2 made it to stage with an eye
Very disappointed

Back
Top Bottom