Detached air cells on all eggs (shipped)

Is there an update to these eggs ?
I tossed those out cause they never settled or developed. The problem was packaging in styrofoam. I’ve had eggs shipped in news paper, foam, styrofoam, napkins, whatever, with viable eggs resulting. Shipping turned these eggs into liquid scramble. Cause in the carved styrofoam, everything is kept tight and shook around. Versus the irregular cushion of newspapers(etc) that has some lucky chicks.

Anywho I got the guy to ship another, but he ignored my packaging request. Same thing happened.
I put the eggs to settle for near 48 hours. Still didn’t settle so I just have them in the incubator in an egg carton. I’m twisting them to rotate them based on videos I saw. They’re pointed side up.

Still, they’re more settled than the other eggs I got cause of the time I gave them. Viability is shot cause of that wait time, shipping, detach… but I’ll see how it goes.

On the other hand I got eggs shipped the way I wanted from someone else further away than this seller. I’m looking at a good number of chicks developing thanks to that.

I tossed those out cause they never settled or developed. The problem was packaging in styrofoam. I’ve had eggs shipped in news paper, foam, styrofoam, napkins, whatever, with viable eggs resulting. Shipping turned these eggs into liquid scramble. Cause in the carved styrofoam, everything is kept tight and shook around. Versus the irregular cushion of newspapers(etc) that has some lucky chicks.

Anywho I got the guy to ship another, but he ignored my packaging request. Same thing happened.
I put the eggs to settle for near 48 hours. Still didn’t settle so I just have them in the incubator in an egg carton. I’m twisting them to rotate them based on videos I saw. They’re pointed side up.

Still, they’re more settled than the other eggs I got cause of the time I gave them. Viability is shot cause of that wait time, shipping, detach… but I’ll see how it goes.

On the other hand I got eggs shipped the way I wanted from someone else further away than this seller. I’m looking at a good number of chicks developing thanks to that.
My friend had some ordered but got them sent to me as I had a free incubator
They eggs came with a damaged box but eggs themselves had no breaks or cracks in them
But 6 of the 18 have detached air cells that if you lay the egg down it moves to the middle
The rest of them are saddled and jiggly like
I tried ti let them settle for as long as I could but shipping was delayed 4 days and this put the eggs past 10 days after being laid
So I set them in the egg carton as they were into the bator for another 24 hours and didn’t touch them
I have now added my turner but it keeps the eggs upright like an egg carton and take 4 hours to do a full back and forth so Slight movement
All I can do is hope
What we don’t know is if they froze at all being stuck over the weekend if left in a shipping truck outdoors
The yolks themselves don’t look scrambled
Keep me posted on yours and I’ll update mine

Keep me posted on yours and I’ll update mine
9ED18DE5-ACA0-4475-98C2-F24DF83C9376.jpeg

I’ve got 13 eggs and settled them for two days with only the 5 on the right having settled. Out of those 5 one has definite signs of life- it’s day four of incubation.

On the left I have the non-settled majority in a carton. I twist them as I would rotate any other eggs. Checking them today, some have settled air cells (two or so) and the rest have a faint movement in a tiny portion. So I’m not risking it with them and leaving them for twisting. I’m comfortable with that because surprisingly, some have signs of life!

I check on days 3-5 because I’m able to see veins around that time. All in all this is better than the other batch I had.

In the OG post batch I put the eggs on their side after having them settle unturned in the incubator for a few days! Terrible. None were viable.

View attachment 3444094
I’ve got 13 eggs and settled them for two days with only the 5 on the right having settled. Out of those 5 one has definite signs of life- it’s day four of incubation.

On the left I have the non-settled majority in a carton. I twist them as I would rotate any other eggs. Checking them today, some have settled air cells (two or so) and the rest have a faint movement in a tiny portion. So I’m not risking it with them and leaving them for twisting. I’m comfortable with that because surprisingly, some have signs of life!

I check on days 3-5 because I’m able to see veins around that time. All in all this is better than the other batch I had.

In the OG post batch I put the eggs on their side after having them settle unturned in the incubator for a few days! Terrible. None were viable.
I set all 18 in the bator but didn’t turn the turner on for a day so they got 48 hours of not moving
My 6 air cells fully detached have not settled but one has signs of life. Out of the 18 eggs 4 I can definitely see veins.
Many others I’m just not sure as the eggs are so dirty I can’t tell but the yolks and eggs have got darker and not glowing like some still are
I am very worried about the detached one but my turner is upright so eggs won’t be laying down
I will put the egg carton in for any of the detached at hatch if they make it
That way it doesn’t move on them
I’m good at assisting so if need be I’m not worried about that part
I will check Back in at day 10 on how many I have starting
I set mine in on march 21

Attachments

• 480D7678-8176-4728-9574-D06E11E52246.jpeg
    480D7678-8176-4728-9574-D06E11E52246.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 57136555-DF32-4552-B704-592EFDCFC978.jpeg
    57136555-DF32-4552-B704-592EFDCFC978.jpeg
    228.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 79F10C1B-0C2F-4477-9E48-9E86ED18DDF3.jpeg
    79F10C1B-0C2F-4477-9E48-9E86ED18DDF3.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6016490E-1C85-4EC0-BF8F-BEF67F3BDF0E.jpeg
    6016490E-1C85-4EC0-BF8F-BEF67F3BDF0E.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 0
I set mine in on march 21
Mine were on the 22nd so we’ll be neck and neck!

I was able to see life on the upright ones cause they were settled enough to turn for a second. In your case we’ll have to wait a few more days until there’s a web of veins all over, so it’s undeniable. Although I’m not familiar with how this shows or positions the fetus. My routine is the side twist

Mine were on the 22nd so we’ll be neck and neck!

I was able to see life on the upright ones cause they were settled enough to turn for a second. In your case we’ll have to wait a few more days until there’s a web of veins all over, so it’s undeniable. Although I’m not familiar with how this shows or positions the fetus. My routine is the side twist
I usually lay my eggs on their side and hand turn so this is all different to me
I feel like a newbie again :)
I sure hope we both get some babies
Although I’m doing this for a friend as her bators are full so she asked if she could have eggs shipped to me to incubate for her
I of course would never say no
I love incubating
Often have to hide my bators from myself 😂

Did a clearing out of undeveloped eggs and out of 14, 7 started development. Not seeing it do well on the standing egg side. One looks like a quitter and another looks to be stuck. Only one fetus from that side jiggled when I turned the egg. Maybe I’m wrong though! The ones that I had on their side are doing better than those.

Did a clearing out of undeveloped eggs and out of 14, 7 started development. Not seeing it do well on the standing egg side. One looks like a quitter and another looks to be stuck. Only one fetus from that side jiggled when I turned the egg. Maybe I’m wrong though! The ones that I had on their side are doing better than those.
Im going to do mine in the morning
I have one for sure that quit
But 5 look strong out of 18
Yikes

3/7 quit so I’ve got 4 live ones left. I’ve never had eggs this small- this sure is hard. My hatch rate is usually so much better!
I’ve got my large eggs on day 18 in a container with holes so that their humidity needs are met. Kind of multi tasking, so whatever happens happens.
I see the remaining four move around when I candle them though. I haven’t a clue on why the others didn’t make it.

Fingers crossed I get a female from this tiny clutch so I don’t have to incubate them ever again!

F644509A-646A-4227-892E-942D4783E26A.jpeg
DCB88E5B-8F1F-4DE9-B19E-D1D4D2D28BC8.jpeg
0ABC0C7C-6C31-4747-88EC-F48C0ED27551.jpeg

That white egg ^ is definitely dead but I like giving it the benefit of the doubt.
In comparison my large egg group hasn’t had a single quitter. There was one egg that never developed. This group was sent in newspaper, styrofoam, a box within a box, you name it. Small eggs came from a guy I bought from before with 0 life due to shaking. I begged him to use the other method, but when life gives you lemons, yknow.

It’s day 12 for mine and I like to read loudly by the incubator on this day. I heard they’re able to hear on day 12 and I have a silly idea they’ll become more accustomed to people if I do this. Like how they hear their mother 24/7.

Hope you’ve got some little guys left!

Back
Top Bottom