Detached Unabsorbed Yolk Sac? HELP!

paigeg311

Hatching
Apr 20, 2021
Hi all! I’m hatching ducklings for the first time and my first baby was just hatched. It’s currently tuesday, and they weren’t “due” to hatch until thursday. The duckling hatched perfectly fine, but when it came out of its shell it looked like the yolk sac was still attached. However he quickly started to pull on what I think was the umbilical cord and looked to be blood. I dug into some pictures and research to try and see what to do but am having no luck on finding any info about this. Also, what I assumed to be the yolk doesn’t look like the pictures I have seen online, so I’m not sure what to do?

Attachments

• 7121FE1D-E876-469E-BF7A-2C95299FB22D.jpeg
    7121FE1D-E876-469E-BF7A-2C95299FB22D.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 71
Hi all! I’m hatching ducklings for the first time and my first baby was just hatched. It’s currently tuesday, and they weren’t “due” to hatch until thursday. The duckling hatched perfectly fine, but when it came out of its shell it looked like the yolk sac was still attached. However he quickly started to pull on what I think was the umbilical cord and looked to be blood. I dug into some pictures and research to try and see what to do but am having no luck on finding any info about this. Also, what I assumed to be the yolk doesn’t look like the pictures I have seen online, so I’m not sure what to do?
It's wastes, or poop. It can be yellow sometimes.

I'd recommend you not pulling anything off the back end of a hatched chick, or duckling. It can cause severe damage if it happened to be a yolk sack.

Back
Top Bottom