Details for the next SAN DIEGO MEET UP Sept. 30, 2012

I'd love any fruit!

Update on what I'm bringing -

Food
cupcakes for the decorating contest (from a mix)
No dish to share. :( Sorry

At the last minute my daughter asked me if we could please keep the frizzle and silkie. So they will be staying at Casa de Muchos Chickens and not joining your boys, perchie girl. I can tell my daughter is very attached to them.

I'm still bringing two BCM cockerels for .... [fill in the blank] I don't know standards, but I'm pretty sure they don't meet any.
and 3 BCM pullets for Knock Kneed's friend.

I'll go pick a bunch of stuff and bring it... we have pomelos, lemons, tangerines, tangelos, oranges and who knows what else. I always loved trading!

Also, I decided last night to bring along a Cuckoo Marans hen that is not up to the French standard (and barely hanging on to the English standard) but who does lay beautiful, deep brown eggs. She was the backbone of my first foray into Olive Eggers, and will give you sex-linked chicks when bred to a solid roo.

I am bringing fresh lemonade to share, from my best tree.  I have some cute chicken-ish items--not big enough to constitute a whole raffle prize I don't think, but really cute and fun.  I have the raffle tickets too. 

Now here's irony for you...I'm in the last leg of an 89-egg hatch.  Between shopping for hatching eggs, running to the p.o., candling, hatching, autopsying, etc., my life has been dominated by eggs for the past month, at least.  Now, I just read that we may need cupcakes tomorrow.  I could make cupcakes tonight.  I have everything I need except EGGS.  I have 11 pullets, 21 chicks (that number is growing), two cockerels and no eggs :-(  Two of the girls were laying, but one went broody and the other just stopped.  Or maybe she's hiding them in the bushes when she free ranges.  Tomorrow I am going to leave her locked in the pen while I'm gone, and she is not coming out until I see an egg.  Doesn't help with cupcakes for tomorrow though....
You only need to bring cupcakes if you're entering the cupcake contest! See you there!

GO FIGURE

Getting ready to walk out the door to find out that my daughter cut her leg and needs to go to the ER to get stitches!!!!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Never mind DW is taking her and I am getting a ride!!!

Last edited:
GO FIGURE

Getting ready to walk out the door to find out that my daughter cut her leg and needs to go to the ER to get stitches!!!!!

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH

Never mind DW is taking her and I am getting a ride!!!
It was nice meeting you today. I didn't know your little girl had cut herself. I hope one of those cute little frizzles will be hers. ;)

It was very nice meeting you all today. We had a really good time at our first meet up. And thank you Dana for those two beautiful chickens
wink.png

You are most welcome! I hope you enjoy them.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom