Devastated! Warning Graphical

Forget the cats, they didn't do that to your chickens. For now the cats are innocent bystanders, annoying maybe but innocent.

Whoever poisoned your dogs is a coward, there is a huge difference between killing a predator and poisoning someones domesticated animal. If you see your dog has been poisoned and he is still alive, vitamin K is an antidote to rat poison. I think you administer it for two weeks with water and it counters the poison. You could also give vitamin k everyday in your dogs water if you suspect poisonings will resume, vitamin k is a healthy vitamin that doesnt have an upper dosage limit that id harmful.

Maybe consider putting up lots of signs around your perimeter. Signs that have pictures of cameras, trespass warning signs, pictures of a rifle, electric fence warnings, etc. Everything. One day i hope you get your fence built and secure your property from the dogs. I deal with the same issue where i live, but i dont get to have guns. If i were you id be having barbeques at night to get the scent of food in the air, with my night scope aimed at the front entrance of my property. There is no sympathy for predators around other livestock. How could anyone justify a wild animal if they observe the photo in your post, the pleasure killing of an entire flock. But i do hope you got to save the meat from all those chickens too.

Last edited:
A friend of mine lives by herself. She was talked into the Ring Security Camera System. She had a unwanted visitor, luckily she had the Ring cameras that could identify the vehicle, license plate and driver.....NOT...She is now going to sell it and buy the HIKVision instead. JFYI

https://ring.com/share/803f3db8-8cf9-459e-80d6-4cc304463d71
I have seen lots of great video from ring devices. It looks like your friends camera was not set up in a good place. It needs to be at the front door, right at face level height.

Don't know what would just kill them all and leave them? One momma duck was on her nest dead. Game Warden has been called and he's trying to figure this out. Others told me it must have been an owl??
Opossum maybe, did they figure it out? I have a co-worker that she said she knows an opossum would take their heads and just leave the bodies. That’s terrible, I’m heartbroken for you and so sorry your so had to find that.

I have seen lots of great video from ring devices. It looks like your friends camera was not set up in a good place. It needs to be at the front door, right at face level height.
She has them on both front corners of her house and one at front of door. It's about 100' to her fence. The moths and spiders keep setting off the Ring cameras too.

Opossum maybe, did they figure it out? I have a co-worker that she said she knows an opossum would take their heads and just leave the bodies. That’s terrible, I’m heartbroken for you and so sorry your so had to find that.
Yes, mostly, 4 dogs poisoned, another dog shot in head ( photo on GoFundMe), many chickens had no injuries after main killing spree, duck was on her eggs dead. So many chickens and ducks poisoned, another time some were attacked and killed via the damage to the birds. Billy (Apollo) was first to die, seen 2 dogs leaving my property late night when we arrived home. Second goat to die was Isabel, dog attack. Third goat Satee was attacked 2 times, she's still alive, stays near my 15 year old Kangal. I can't afford to replace everything nor the cameras and fence. That's why my son started the GoFundMe, when all is finished there should be someone in jail, then we can try to live once again with the help of our animals.

Last edited:
Also, no heads missing from 6' high fenced chicken run. One dog from town returned and was near my new Fortress Coop, it was dispatched. Items are still being stolen, just can't get a handle on it yet.

Another attack last night. My Muscovy drake is beat up, may not make it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-160744_Chomp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-160744_Chomp.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211028-160819_Chomp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-160819_Chomp.jpg
    630.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211028-160832_Chomp.jpg
    Screenshot_20211028-160832_Chomp.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom