Dewormer?

frostic

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
Lake elsinore California
My Coop
My Coop
So I went to tractor supply today to get wormer for my chickens, they didn't have any. but the lady there told me she uses durvet ivermectin paste 1.87% for horses for her chickens. she said give them a pea size piece 1 time a month. but once i got home it says don't use on any animals other than horses. Is this really going to help? its not going to kill my chickens is it?

thanks for the help. they didnt have any wazine and i was told wazine wont help
since the worms looked like tape worms

worms:

IMG_20181203_163332.jpg

Medicine:

IMG_20181205_161102.jpg

You need to get Equimax horse paste which contains praziquantel and ivermectin. The praziquantel is what treats the tapeworms. Give 0.033 ml per pound of weight—for a 5 pound chicken give 0.16 ml. They sell that at TSC as well.

You need to get Equimax horse paste which contains praziquantel and ivermectin. The praziquantel is what treats the tapeworms. Give 0.033 ml per pound of weight—for a 5 pound chicken give 0.16 ml. They sell that at TSC as well.

this is all they had at my local store. i dont drive. i had to have a friend take me.
any cheap place i can order it online?

@Eggcessive So i went and got the equimax, ivermectin 1.87% praziquantel 14.3%
my chickens 2 are 4.5 lbs and one is 5.2 lbs. shes the biggest and the injured chicken.

i dont have any way to measure out he meds, im guessing about the size of a pea?
how do i give it to them? do i put under their tongue? force them to eat it or put it in water and disolve it?

Do you a syringe that measures 1 ml? It is a pretty small amount—0.16 ml for 5 pounds, so you will probably need to get a 1 ml syringe. For example, a teaspoonful equals 5 ml, and you are going to give just over 1/2 ml. Not sure how much a pea size would be.

Edited to say that 0.16 ml is between 1/10 and 2/10 of an ml.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom