Deworming?

Rockismith21

Chirping
Apr 17, 2018
hey guys, I’ve been reading the threads for a day now and the older articles read one way versus a few I’ve seen that say something else. As a PREVENTATIVE wormer I was planning on using the fenbendazole paste. I have Wazine but wanted to assure it’s safe to go straight to the paste. My flock has never been dewormed. They are 7 months old. Not in moult and they are laying. :confused:

Couple of questions...
How many are in your flock?
Can you have a fecal float done?
Why do you want to use paste?

The problem I have with paste is the cost. If you want to use fenbendazole you're better off buying the 125 ml bottle of safeguard for goats.

Last edited:
Couple of questions...
How many are in your flock?
Can you have a fecal float done?
Why do you want to use paste?

The problem I have with paste is the cost. If you want to use fenbendazole your better off buying the 125 ml bottle of safeguard for goats.

There are 10 in my flock. I don’t have a way for a fecal test my local vet does not perform them. I was going with the pace so I could administer to each chicken individually

hey guys, I’ve been reading the threads for a day now and the older articles read one way versus a few I’ve seen that say something else. As a PREVENTATIVE wormer I was planning on using the fenbendazole paste. I have Wazine but wanted to assure it’s safe to go straight to the paste. My flock has never been dewormed. They are 7 months old. Not in moult and they are laying. :confused:
I could be wrong but I don’t think wormers work as preventatives.
They will kill worms if your chicken has them.
I don’t worm the chickens here until I detect worms, or they look sick and worms seems the most likely cause.

There are 10 in my flock. I don’t have a way for a fecal test my local vet does not perform them. I was going with the pace so I could administer to each chicken individually
With 10 in your flock you should get Valbazen or Safeguard for goats, not Safeguard paste.

With 10 in your flock you should get Valbazen or Safeguard for goats, not Safeguard paste.
Thank you. I will get the liquid. I live in North Carolina and we have had a lot of hot humid rain and since the weather is now called I thought it would be wise to D worm. I have one I say who is slightly underweight and has had a few egg laying issues. I’ve done everything for them but this

Question here..... I have heard that pumpkin is a good natural alternative for preventative worming. What do you think?
I’ve done the natural stuff, ACV, DE and even gave them pumpkin seeds but as much rain and nasty mud as they’ve been in I don’t think the natural methods would help (if they help at all to begin with) :confused:

Back
Top Bottom