DH is refurbishing and old coop with recycled materials! New Pics!

My trouble is I have the truck, but lack the labor! DH is not a scrounger. Just this week I was told that a house we previously rented is to be torn down and I could have anything I wanted! There is so much lumber there, but I can't do it myself!
hit.gif

clap.gif
Yeah to hubby and you if it can be reused then reuse it just because wood may be weathered on the outside doesn't mean it isn't good on the inside I tell my wife this all the time just the other day I went to help a friend out (he is building his house) and he had some ceder clap boards headed to the land fill I was liek dude these are still good He said no they aren't I can't use them for the walls so I brought them home and have made about 25 things from them now lol gotta love throw aways point is if you can reuse then do so but we do wanna see end pics of it I love to see waht people have done with roadside finds and rehomed Mats.

We had a friend give us a bunch of sheets of OSB boards because they had concrete on them or bowed due to weight and they are our new floor in the coop as well as extras for other projects! We need duck and turkey pens built asap!! I am looking at the recycle places almost daily for used fencing etc. I even found a crate that a new motor was shipped in and I think it will work great for a coop for a trio of banties! And I have the trio already!

One of his bosses took a week off for vacation and the other mechanic is sick so hes been working later every night! I cant wait to get the rafters done and start sheeting the roof!
I am anxious to paint!

Okay so now we have nest boxes and roosts done! My Hubbies boss gave us plywood and shingles! Yippee this may get done before Christmas! Lol! So far the only expense is the nails! Well Hubby did buy an air compressor second hand and some new hose for it but he made that money back and then some doing a motor job on a Saturday! So I dont count that as an expense for the coop!
I am trying to remember how to upload pics! Been awhile!

Back
Top Bottom