Diagnosis and treatment of poultry diseases

rcentner

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Le Roy, NY
I need a book...This is exactly what I am looking for, not just knowledge of the diseases, but treatment as well. I found a few textbooks that seem to fit the description, but they are like $200. Being a vet tech, I want to know about injection sites in chickens and various treatment methods. (like giving SQ fluids and IM/SQ/IV injections) Anyone know of such a text? Most of the books I have seen do not cover treatment procedures and such. any ideas? I already own the veterinary drug handbook so drugs/dosages are not necessary. I just want to be able to treat my chickens as well as I could a cat or dog.

Count me in on that as well! I will be following this post along with you!
hmm.png

I would ask your vet for what book he likes or uses. For "Human" docs, there are now pocket guides to lab, pharm and disease states. These usually cost around $30.00. Also, your certifying agency should have a list of books, specific for vetrinary medicine at discounted rates if you belong to the certifying body. Are vet techs certified? Anyway, just a suggestion of places to search. Please post what you find out. I would love to have a guide of chicken diseases along with treatment options.

Here in NY, we are licensed, but certified in some states. Yeah a formulary of sorts would likely be helpful. I think one of the doctors at work thought there must be one for poultry out there. Good thinkin, I will have her search VIN for me. (veterinary info network)

I will post any findings!

Back
Top Bottom