Diagrams,poultry parts,charts, and lots of reading Updated Nov. 13th

Quote:
Thank You,
I'm trying to get a little of everything in here..

Chris

Chris
It really helps. As I weed through the out come of my breeding program with my 11 lbs mix, it helps me better understand what I am looking at and how it got there. I now know that my boy has Silver and what to do with him. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks

Not too many people get excited about the thought of making new blood for an existing variety of a breed. But, I do. I think I can get a White out of my boy.
Asides from throwing at least 4 different and unique breeds, he has thrown a full gamit of colors. In this pullet he has thrown 3 colors in one bird.
My new theory of color breeding is to let the colors and varieties come to me. Find a novelty like my boy who made this bird and use it to make new colors and varieties within different breeds.

Right now I call my 3/4's Orpington, 1/8 Black Australorp and 1/? Ameraucana plus who know's what
GENE GENE the EE MACHINE
000_7109.jpg

Just wanted to thank you again for posting this info. Showed at the fair last month and the judge told me straight after that I seemed to really know my stuff, just based on the labeling I did of my bird. Very glad you posted this 'secret weapon'.
wink.png

Quote:
Your welcome,

I have some other stuff I am going to have to post on here soon...

Chris

Is there a chart that shows how to count the points in a single comb cockerel? I don't know if the tiny point in front counts as one and if I count the back blade as well. Thanks for any direction you can point me.

Back
Top Bottom