Diapers For Ducks?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Nov 7, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've read a few posts from posters about ducks being put in diapers, I've never heard of such thing! But what kind of diapers do you use and where do you get them? Do they really work?? Does it bother the ducks? Will they eventually get use to them? It sure would be an answer to constantly following the ducks and wiping up and disinfecting after them.

2. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I don't know the answers to your questions as mine are all outdoor ducks, but I do know nettie's website. She makes the harnesses that fit half a baby diaper in them.

http://indoorducks.com/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  3. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:I am sure diapers would work.

I don't think diapers would bother the ducks, duckies have this unique ability to squirt their liquid and precious poop around, meaning across, downwards and sideways.

I am sure it would be exiting to clean and reuse diapers after ducks poop in them.[​IMG]

4. revolutionmama

revolutionmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    CabinInTheWoods
  5. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

The only problem is you have is you have to change them like every 3-4 hours, and the size changes as they grow. Plus 8 ducklings doesn't make it cheap, unless you sew your own diapers.

6. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

9 ducklings and I think I"ll just stick to my wee wee pads, wood stall pellets and bedding. I just never heard of this before, learn something new every day.

7. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't blame you. It'd be like changing 9 human babies over and over all day, everyday. No thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by