Diapers??

guin lover

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
How can i make a simple chicken diaper for my standard OEG cock? i need to be able to let him in when it rains...

You might do a search on here. There used to be a pattern. I make my own from kneesocks (men's cotton ones work well). I'd scan it and upload it, but last time I tried, I still couldn't get it on here. I'll try and get some pictures on here.

Last edited:
I use different sized socks depending on the size of the chicken. There should be no holes in the toe. Leave a goodsized portion of the toe end to collect the droppings, big enough to put an apple in. Sometimes I line this with a folding sandwhich bag or with a sanitary pad cut in 1/2 and I use tape to keep it in place.

Top view

1683_100_6741.jpg

Side view
1683_100_6742.jpg

Make believe the pony's tail is the chicken's head and the ponies head is the chickens tail. The leggs near the ponies tail are the chickens wings
1683_100_6743.jpg

I twist the long ends of the sock diaper so it doesn't slip off and fasten them with a safety pin to the two short end just above the tail.
1683_100_6744.jpg

I found an unlucky volunteer. She needed a bath, she had gotten poop all over herself and into some other mess too. so she is inside drying off.
lol.png

The strap in the front is in the wrong place, it should be more forward, so it catches under the wing.
1683_100_6745.jpg

1683_100_6746.jpg

1683_100_6747.jpg

1683_100_6748.jpg

1683_100_6749.jpg

I have had several indoor chickens and made different sized diapers for them. I put buttons and button holes on some of them, to make it easier to put them on and off. This diaper is really a little too big for this young pullet.
The chickens usually do not like to have these on. Some are ok with them after a few minutes, some refuse to accept them, period. The ones that won't take to the diaper get put in the bathroom, if they need to be inside.
The model adjusted to the diaper after a few minutes and is now calmly resting in the nice cool house.

Back
Top Bottom