diarrhea and watery poop?

Suess hens

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Altadena, CA
are these the same thing? I noticed a very white poop today that seemed to have watery edges. And I saw a mainly brown poop that had watery edges. Is this diarrhea? I am only use to the human and four legged kind.

Yes, it is. You need to pay close attention to the poo, as it can tell you a lot, and if there is a problem. If they have runny poo consistently, they may have a heath issue that needs addressed. Good luck!

Thank you
I haven't seen it since. And my girls are outside during the day now so I don't get to really see much at all really, but I pay attention to what gets left in the old brooder at night (the temps drop and I don't want to risk outside cold just yet with them)

how old are these chickens?
are they free ranging/ foraging?
have they been exposed to other chickens?

sometimes diarrhea is watery and "squirts"..doesn't have any form..
water around the edges of otherwise normal formed dropping can be from hot weather, and drinking more water..
best to keep a close eye on droppings and any other changes in behavior.

my 10 week olds are doing okay. I think maybe it is my 7 week old that needs more water. She hasn't had the same problem since that I am aware of. She stayed with me most of the weekend, but was acting really dehydrated, and when she did drink she drank for a long time, up and down out of the water. I am going to add electrolytes to their water today, as I realized the issue yesterday and no one was open...arg! This morning though she seemed chiper and normal...they stayed in their coop for the first time last night, and i am thinking she got water first thing this morning and is just starting off better than days past (my brahma often kicked stuff into the water in the brooder)

Back
Top Bottom