Diarrhoea

I came here looking for advice too as I have the same situation with one of my hens, although she is older than yours. (4 or 5, I think)
Diarrhoea has been present for about 6 weeks. She seems fine in herself and is going about her normal business but has not layed for the last 4 weeks.

I was thinking of trying this....Beryl’s Friendly Bacteria but am a bit unsure about feeding bacteria (even if it is friendly) to my girls. Has anyone tried it? Is it likely to help with diarrhoea?
I tried it, it didn't help my chickens diarrhoea but did no harm either so worth a try.

I tried it, it didn't help my chickens diarrhoea but did no harm either so worth a try.
Have you wormed yours? I'm trying to decided whether to worm mine even though the poo sample didn't indicate worms as its the only thing left I haven't tried.

Have you wormed yours? I'm trying to decided whether to worm mine even though the poo sample didn't indicate worms as its the only thing left I haven't tried.

I wormed mine with Flubenvet as they were due anyway - didn't seem to help unfortunately. I probably should have isolated her but I haven't and the others haven't caught the runs, so it doesn't seem to be something contagious.

Back
Top Bottom