Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY ALL! This is Tony!! Switched screen names!
tongue.png

Ha! I recognized your avatar! Hi Tony
frow.gif

oh sally ... lol .. me thinks you were wrong about the whole thread slowing down thing ... just a little bit lol
lau.gif

i put my 6 bantams in to lock down this morning ... no internal pips yet ... but air cells looked normal and i marked the lower end just like sally taught me ...
big_smile.png

sooo looks like i will be having a grand old time of it today with my secreatarian stuff lol ...
glad to see all the hatched !!!!

We put newbies in here until they are stronger.
null-1.jpg

Then we out them in here. My wife noticed when she took the picture that the water was dry.
null.jpg

Very nice!! I have an incubator full. LOL Took 4 out and placed them in the brooder with the GLW. There not TOO bad with them. The small ones copy everything they do. Don't think the Wyandottes like the chest pump the small ones do. Thats when they get one in the head. CHICKEN TV!!
pop.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
ok .. eggs are here ..were packed good and careful but still had several casualities
barnie.gif
i believe there were 8 that are not broken ... got them set up to sit for at least 24 hours... wiped them all off the best i could .... yep prob the only shipped eggs i ever try ....

This little dude was assisted hatch Monday. It had a full yolk sac. The first pic was yesterday evening. The second and third pic is just a few minutes ago. Notice my wife isn't wearing gloves anymore. Lol. She's doing great.
null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

I picked up my eggs this morning from the post office and what a great packing job.
Here are some pics. They're Wheaton Ameraucanas and she packed 6 extra for me.
yesss.gif

I think I should make another bator.

I only added 14 more eggs when I took the ones out that had to go into lockdown. But like I said, I have another dozen due today or tomorrow, and another next week from NYwins. So if I can just get through these batches and GET THOSE DUCKS AND TURKEY out I should be ok!
fl.gif
Ducks don't seem to mind the piggy back at all, they are all growing very strong they are on day 16 I think!

Please note: ONLY 14 more eggs...
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom