Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up to three new babies!! yay me! one still in the bator working on getting out...

big_smile.png

So all the crazyness with the chicknappers and I lost a new baby chick over night 2 lost chick this year that died in the first few days of life due to broodies not doing their job, I would so leave them with their mommies if the mommies would just cooperate! Feeling so sad for the baby so now my new rule is once the chick is dry under momma it is MINE will not loose anymore chicks this way :(

If she is a first time broody they sometimes do that. I got bit horribly by my broody, just trying to give her a chick that she left in the nesting box. Then again when I was putting her in the broody pen, the second time she grabbed my arm and wont let go I had to tap her on the head. I still have a welt.

Sally my broody babies are still hatching, talk about staggered, this is crazy. I know that Mille was laying snd the splash stole her eggs, and started incubating one day late after the other. :)

I have a pip and she is still wiggling and chirping! The others have not pipped yet. Should I be worried? It is only day 20 and I think that I saw them wiggle but that might just be my imagination.

You are so welcome.
I need to stay off the 24 hour auction thread. I just bid on more eggs. My hubby is going to kill me. Just this morning he asked if I was going to shut off the incubators because theyve been running since thanksgiving. Going to hide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom