Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicksooner, Does NIPIP testing have stipulations on floor size and such on coops and all that? Chad my local go to guy has a book but until I get it I am trying to get my stuff together and figure out what I need to set straight. not sure what all I need to do yet besides loose some more birds lol. So I wonder if I have enough coop space for my birds or not.
Sally here in Ohio that is not an issue, they don't look in your coops, It is easier to have your birds cooped up, so catching is easier. I usually will have the Juvies in cages and adults locked in their coops then as the testing is done you can release in run or free range. It's a snap, your tester should look for mites and test. Turkeys get tested for MG and a bracelet put on them.

bought two more dozen eggs. setting them wensday. then i must stop
roll.png

Quote: Why, thank you!
lau.gif
I wanted a broody. I really did! But that was before Chick Days at the feed stores. Now I need layers! Of 36 current chickens, 10 are laying. I sell about 8 dozen eggs/ week. See the problem?
I have 2 EE that are healthy as can be. They are under a year, and stopped laying. They slowed down in April, and then just quit by the end. I did add a run to their coop in mid April. Otherwise, nothing has changed. Any ideas?
Lost a Duck last night. It was the one with the topnot on its head. Well, this morning it dont have a head. I set out the trap.
I am sorry that your duck lost its head.
Quote: Good idea!

Ok, I have a question. I had one lone chick hatch yesterday which was day 21. She is very healthy but she seems very stressed that she is by herself. She keeps jumping at the side of the incubator and won't stop chirping. The other eggs are wiggling but they have not pipped and I can not tell if they are chirping because the lone chick is too loud. Should I take the chick out and put her in the brooder or should I still have hope that it is not too late for the others and leave her in there?

Chickenpooplady and I are on the same schedule. I would hate for any chick to die because it was shrink wrapped, and I didn't help. This hatch is going to be bad enough as it is. So, my question is do I sit on my hands, or assist? I see no egg rocking or internal pipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom