Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
cochins how is Gosslin?

Happy and healthy! I love her so much!
love.gif

I'm worried about my duckling though. I had my friend give him the niacinamide at 100 mg per gallon of water. She said he's the same as before, can't walk or even stand and has a slight fatigue look to him. Do you know how long it takes for the niacin to take effect?

My DREAM chickens....... and yes, finally I own them!

Silver appenzeller spitzhauben
love.gif

thumbsup.gif
They look awesome.
My Grandmother was just here for a visit today, and I threatened my kids NOT to mention the birds in the basement, or the incubator in the bedroom. I figured the brooder in the 2nd living room, and 5 roosters crowing at them wehen they got here was enough. But I forgot to tell my kids NOT to bring any out while they were here either, so what happens you might ask??? Chicken flies right onto the dinner table during dinner. I said "Grandmom, if the family is really talking about me becoming a crazy chicken lady, there's a story for ya"!
th.gif
This had me rolling. I decided I was the crazy chicken lady when for the 2nd time I was chasing a rooster around the yard with a fishing net. I am sure it was a great show for the neighbors.
lau.gif

I dont ask a lot of questions as I tend to do my own research but here goes:

When using FF how many times a day do you feed your birds?

Do you offer dry feed free choice as well?
Good questions. I have been wondering about FF feed just have not been curious enough to take the time to research yet.

I dont ask a lot of questions as I tend to do my own research but here goes:

When using FF how many times a day do you feed your birds?

Do you offer dry feed free choice as well?
I have never used FF, but I have talked to many people who do use it and it seems that most feed once a day and don't offer dry feed.

I did research on it and asked lots of questions, but I ended up deciding that the FF wasn't going to work for my given situation.

I'm sure that you'll get more experienced answers, but I thought that I'd share anyways.

Happy and healthy! I love her so much!
love.gif

I'm worried about my duckling though. I had my friend give him the niacinamide at 100 mg per gallon of water. She said he's the same as before, can't walk or even stand and has a slight fatigue look to him. Do you know how long it takes for the niacin to take effect?

have you changed his feed to a flock feed or game bird feed yet? If you have a healthfood store get some brewers yeast and start feeding him that. It might take a little more to get his feet back under him and then back off on the dose. I am not an expert in this but this is just my thought process on your little duck.
hugs.gif

have you changed his feed to a flock feed or game bird feed yet? If you have a healthfood store get some brewers yeast and start feeding him that. It might take a little more to get his feet back under him and then back off on the dose. I am not an expert in this but this is just my thought process on your little duck.
hugs.gif

Yeah, they have been eating a "Flock Raiser" feed since they were 2 weeks old and they are now just over 4 weeks. I'll try to get some brewers yeast. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom