Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to those pondering their non hatches and newbie passing away.

Love the cute chicks and their humans pics!

I candled again today with my 110 spike
hatch and

2 Salmon Faverolles
9 OEs
6 White Leghorns
2 BCMs

Are developing!!!! So out of a total of 38 shipped eggs, 19 are developing. I hope they continue to do well.

I'll be doing my first staggered hatch because I have two shipments coming on Tuesday. In those I will have

SL Wyandottes
Bearded SL polish
Partridge Rock
Lav Ameraucanas
And some hybrid blue egg layers.

I hope this goes well, I plan to put the incubator in storage after this.

hatch and

2 Salmon Faverolles
9 OEs
6 White Leghorns
2 BCMs

Are developing!!!! So out of a total of 38 shipped eggs, 19 are developing. I hope they continue to do well.

I'll be doing my first staggered hatch because I have two shipments coming on Tuesday. In those I will have

SL Wyandottes
Bearded SL polish
Partridge Rock
Lav Ameraucanas

Yay on the survivors!! and good luck with the additions! :)

Setting more eggs tonight. A bunch of bantam Wyandottes. I have black, silver laced, blue laced red, and partridge. I hope I can get more of these to hatch than last time. I got eggs from the same seller a couple months ago, and only had 2/15 hatch. I REALLY want some Partridge Wyandottes!!

Last edited:
[COLOR=800080]Morning All! Today is going to be the craziest day ever, trying to get everything finished for the fundraiser. I seriously am sick to my stomach with nerves, so any prayers would be greatly appreciated. People have been bringing things to sell, and today is the official drop off, so it should be looking like Sanford & Son by this evening. I have to bake all evening, clean, set up tables etc...:barnie My body & brain hurt! I sooo....can't wait until Sunday and this is all over, LOL! Wish me luck, and talk to y'all on Sunday!! Have a Great Day![/COLOR]
good luck!!

Sorry to be a page hog... It's just major cuteness in my house.
love.gif
But I am a hog for sure then! : ( LOVE these pics!! and you can hog the pages with that cuteness anyday of the week and several times a hour! LOL
I'm sad! 4 polish and 2 silkies made it out of 17!
sad.png
did eggtopsies and see nothing wrong! all had some yolk left!
sad.png
no temp or humidity spikes or lows!
sad.png
poor chickies!!
I guess I should be happy! I have 4 Polish and 2 silkies I didn't have before!!
smile.png
I just feel like I didn't do something right for those poor babies that didn't make it!!
sad.png
they were not shrink wrapped? no internal pips? did you search the hatching 101 for the links to "what went wrong?" awwwwwwww ventilation??? too big couldn't pip?
Ok, just a random update, I candled 4 of Cappas eggs today- 2 of the chickens and 2 of the quail, and one of each was viable. The other two were infertile. So hopefully I'll get some chicks this week!
awesome!!!! YAY!!!!
So all the crazyness with the chicknappers and I lost a new baby chick over night 2 lost chick this year that died in the first few days of life due to broodies not doing their job, I would so leave them with their mommies if the mommies would just cooperate! Feeling so sad for the baby so now my new rule is once the chick is dry under momma it is MINE will not loose anymore chicks this way
sad.png
awwwww I am so sorry! I feel the same way! If I EVER let a hen have chicks again would be a miracle, heck I don't even think I would let them set on them! uggggg and the one chick I saved from her nest frozen is just a crooked neck mess of a hen! poor thing! But I saved her so I will keep her! The other one went to a great gal I met through selling chicks!
Also have 4 fertile golden pheasant eggs in the bator and I'm so excited to see how cute they are, first time hatching pheasants!!
awesome!!! do you need a license or permit for that sorta stuff, chad said he don't know. He has a ton of misc stuff he should check into it.
Quote: hmmmm is right!

Question. I had a pip last night late. Today we were gone and 2 others hatched and pecked away the loose she'll from the pip. I now have a dime size hole in this egg. I can see beak but the membrane is drying.. will it be able to hatch like this? It is now 24+ hour since external pip, no clue how long the hole has been there. At least 4 hours.

We have a Brahma out, serama out. And we are waiting while 6 legbars and 2 or 3 more brahma rest up and feel up to zipping! My guess is tomorrow around lunch!

hatch and

2 Salmon Faverolles
9 OEs
6 White Leghorns
2 BCMs

SL Wyandottes
Bearded SL polish
Partridge Rock
Lav Ameraucanas

AWESOMENESS!!! your ADDICTED!!! YAY!!! and what are hyb blue egg layers?

Setting more eggs tonight. A bunch of bantam Wyandottes. I have black, silver laced, blue laced red, and partridge. I hope I can get more of these to hatch than last time. I got eggs from the same seller a couple months ago, and only had 2/15 hatch. I REALLY want some Partridge Wyandottes!!

are they shipped lizanne? If so how where the aircells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom