Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome Mich! I gave up trying to stop Harmonys Broody serama Anchor! I gave her two of the blue EE x WFspanish eggs from the bator that were on day 7+! LMAO!! I said have at it little gal! and so she sets!

Chicksooner, Does NIPIP testing have stipulations on floor size and such on coops and all that? Chad my local go to guy has a book but until I get it I am trying to get my stuff together and figure out what I need to set straight. not sure what all I need to do yet besides loose some more birds lol. So I wonder if I have enough coop space for my birds or not.

I'm sad! 4 polish and 2 silkies made it out of 17!
sad.png
did eggtopsies and see nothing wrong! all had some yolk left!
sad.png
no temp or humidity spikes or lows!
sad.png
poor chickies!!
I guess I should be happy! I have 4 Polish and 2 silkies I didn't have before!!
smile.png
I just feel like I didn't do something right for those poor babies that didn't make it!!
sad.png
same thing happen to me 5 out of 11 hatched and when i check the six that didn't make it i didn't see anything wrong and started wondering if maybe it was my fault

Chicksooner, Does NIPIP testing have stipulations on floor size and such on coops and all that? Chad my local go to guy has a book but until I get it I am trying to get my stuff together and figure out what I need to set straight. not sure what all I need to do yet besides loose some more birds lol. So I wonder if I have enough coop space for my birds or not.

The guy that came out here did not mention anything about it. He just looked the birds over and we got after it with catching and testing. I know it can be different state to state. I had all my babies cramed into one little pen so pretty sure floor space was not an issue with him. Do you know anyone local to you that is NPIP that could give you a run down on what the tester does? If not contact your state ag dept. and ask them what you need to do and what they check when the tester is out.

so on a good note, i had a broody sittin on 3 eggs..so far 2 are out! and she's bein a good mama! :)

Incubator was due today. I candled, added another sponge, and now I continue waiting. At least I think there is still a chance!
Broody one is due Tuesday. Broody two in two weeks. One with a injured foot seems broody. I gave her one egg tonight to see. I am willing to give her three. And broody number four needs broken. She started today. She has a cross beak, and has enough problems. She would starve. Besides, I don't need more chicks! !!

Incubator was due today. I candled, added another sponge, and now I continue waiting. At least I think there is still a chance!
Broody one is due Tuesday. Broody two in two weeks. One with a injured foot seems broody. I gave her one egg tonight to see. I am willing to give her three. And broody number four needs broken. She started today. She has a cross beak, and has enough problems. She would starve. Besides, I don't need more chicks! !!

I think your broody craziness is way worse than mine. I am planning on selling half of their hatches. I am overrun in chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom