Diary & Notes ~ Air Cell Detatched SHIPPED Chicken Eggs for incubation and hatching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
th.gif

Last edited:
Hi guys I am back on the west side of the Pacific Ocean. The trip was ridiculously busy but I got almost everything done. The new bator is a game changer. Set with digital thermostat, dual halogen lights, 6 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. Currently running 100F and 38%. The inverter on a massive truck battery saved day 2 during a power outage.
Those aughtta keep your temps up! I used to work with reef aquariums, and when we ran halogens, we would frequently need to install a chiller.

Hi guys

I am back on the west side of the Pacific Ocean.

The trip was ridiculously busy but I got almost everything done.

The new bator is a game changer. Set with digital thermostat, dual halogen lights, 6 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. Currently running 100F and 38%. The inverter on a massive truck battery saved day 2 during a power outage.

Holy Freakin Awesomeness!
It's a white light and no it's pecking itself. No fluff on its butt left whatsoever.
Not a great pic. Looks irritated and red. Crusty even? I have since washed with warm water.. Still looks red but no crusty. It wasn't poo either, more like seepage from irritation? I have looked in the bedding and see no bugs mites or other crawlies.
I would separate it and a buddy. Keep it clean and keep an eye on it. For some reason I thought you were talking about an adult bird that was pulling it's feathers. Anyway, You can get a purple spray to spray on the bare spot that will help prevent others from picking at it. Not sure about the spray working to keep it from pulling its own fluff. Might just be that your chick is an overzealous groomer. I rambled. Sorry.

Here is the chick from my RIR. Um.. What do you get when you x a RIR and a Austrolorp? I tried to look on the chicken genetics sight... But was immediately confused.

Quote: well I have quail eggs, he threw a male and hens at me that same day, I actually had lucas outside and he was taking some pics of stuff and I noticed he had some quail on it! I will show them to you, so the were scared from laying for about two plus weeks but I just got a doz eggs collected just like that! now since I have all those babies in the brooder do I set these others or what? I threw an add on CL for babies and eggs in hopes that someone bites for either or! I would love to process one round of birds and see if its worth it. but I would also like to hard boil some for the kiddyos

It's a white light and no it's pecking itself. No fluff on its butt left whatsoever.
Not a great pic. Looks irritated and red. Crusty even? I have since washed with warm water.. Still looks red but no crusty. It wasn't poo either, more like seepage from irritation? I have looked in the bedding and see no bugs mites or other crawlies.
I have NEVER EVER seen this, I am thinking its something to do with your bedding! but if its with others and its not them and its doing it to itself and not the others uggggg just weird!

Last edited:
Hi guys

I am back on the west side of the Pacific Ocean.

The trip was ridiculously busy but I got almost everything done.

The new bator is a game changer. Set with digital thermostat, dual halogen lights, 6 fans and 2 dehumidifiers. Currently running 100F and 38%. The inverter on a massive truck battery saved day 2 during a power outage.

oz you just ROCK, I know you said lights, how many are in it and where did you put them? up top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom