DIary of a novice, shipped egg, broody hatch

I just wish it would grow a darn tail lol. The kids have started calling it a shim lol

It is very quiet but not at all personality wise like our other rooster was. It's a more gentle friendly where he was a bit up and in your face friendly lol
I just loooove the colour though, boy or girl it's going to be a beautiful bird :)

I feel like you should name her Velvet.
love.gif

0.jpg

MrsB

Here we go, Pepper's (as peep has now been renamed) six week old family snaps.
It has such a cute personality (well except for the bit where it prefers to peck hands rather than what is in them lol) that I will be devastated if it turns out to be a boy.

I tried to get the comb from as many angles as I could

Beautiful pics appps.
love.gif
I still think pullet. Her comb is small and very pale. She looks a lot like my favourite chick too even though they are supposed to be completely different breeds. Hmmm...

Hi Appps, seems as though my 3 week prediction was right and Pepper does in fact look to be a Pullet!!!!
She is beautiful you should be very happy with her. Please keep us updated with pics as it would be great to watch her grow and develop.
Forgot to mention: Don't be concerned with the colour of her beak. It will darken to predominantly black as she matures.

Last edited:
I vote Pullet
big_smile.png
My Australorp roo had a very red comb at that age, Pepper's is much more pale compared to his. Beautiful photos as always
smile.png

I'm doing the gender guessing game at the moment with my chicks... picked up one today and thought it had a bit of a large comb for its age.... still only 1.5 weeks old... I might be jumping to conclusions... lets hope so
tongue.png

Doing the happy dance :)

I'm excited to see how SHE grows out. :). Just beginning to get the odd little dark spot on the grey now. I think it's going to be a really pretty chicken!

Fingers crossed it's the start of a run of girls for everyone lol

Back
Top Bottom